Need help - VFL identity dies in Kings Cross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Need help - VFL identity dies in Kings Cross

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
asking for some help here , the brain cells are fading with age

I had a recollection that an AFL/VFL identity (not Ablett snr)
either died or was found over dosed in Kings Cross could have been in the 90's or early 2000's ???

I was thinking Alan Aylett. but I think that might wrong

either died or was found over dosed in Kings Cross could have been in the 90's or early 2000's ???

Yep. Think it was someone who'd had earlier involvement with the Tigers n then became an administrator for the AFL. Was helping get Sydaknee established up there at the time maybe. Wasn't Aylett. Who was the whizz bang young sports admin that was involved at Richmond when K.B. got sacked n he refused to even talk to him for 30 years, also went on to CEO or whatever at the Frockers early days. Think it was his old man, family were long time involved in VFL / AFL footy. Found the name I was thinking of, Alan Schwab.

Reactions: 1 user

Alan Schwab

Old mate Schwabby was a very naughty boy, methadone n hookers. If you're gunna mess up at least mess up properly.

If ya gotta go, then ya gotta go. Can't think of a better way of waltzing off the face of the earth than going in the middle of one of life's few genuine pleasures.