NAB Rising Star 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB Rising Star 2015

Who do you will win this years NAB Rising Star

• Hogan

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Crisp

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Not really interested

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just to change tune today, I was wondering who PRE thought would win the NAB Rising Star for 2015?

The two standouts for me are Hogan and Crisp then daylight.

The Tigers had 2 nominees K Mac and B Lennon. That debut was pretty good and who could forgot burning off Judd to kick a ripper goal.

Hogan for a player in such a slow moving style going forward to kick what 44 goals and to take the No1 defender was pretty good. Who could forget the night he towelled up Rance the best defender this year. Hogan is a contested marking beast at only 195 cms the size of most midfielders.

Cripps after breaking his leg last year and coming back to have statistically better numbers than C Judd in his debut year is truly great. Would love him at the Tigers. Can kick a goal even though his stats showed an inaccurancy he knows how to find the goals to have a shot. Has pace , big bodied type midfielder of the Fremantke mold and is 193 cms.

Our only winner since the inception of it has been Deleido and I think one year did we come close with A Raines or am I thinking of him runner up in the B&F in his debut year off HB?

If you look at this years list it is filled with future stars and possibly the best crop ever assembled!

I hope it's a draw even though I'm leaning towards Hogan and the position he plays is one if the hardest and midfielders always seen to win everything but they are both worthy winners.

Wonder if we will see the first tie.

Here are the nominees......

Rd Player Team Opp. K H
1 K Mcintosh Tigers Blues 14 9
2 M Honeychurch Bulldogs Tigers 7 11
3 I Heeney Swans Giants 6 4
4 P Cripps Blues Saints 8 25
5 A Saad Suns Lions 9 17
6 C Gregson Cats Magpies 10 8
7 B Hartung Hawks Demons 7 19
8 C McCarthy Giants Crows 9 3
9 J Hogan Demons Power 13 3

10 A Brayshaw Demons Magpies 15 3
11 T Broomhead Magpies Giants 10 15
12 T Boyd Bulldogs Lions 10 2
13 C Cameron Crows Lions 9 4
14 J Lonie Saints Bombers 10 8
15 D Sheed Eagles Crows 12 14
16 T Miller Suns Giants 12 15
17 J Lever Crows Suns 15 9
18 H Andrews Lions Cats 12 10
19 J Thurlow Cats Swans 6 12
20 J De Goey Magpies Swans 12 6
21 D Lang Cats Saints 6 10
22 B Lennon Tigers Bombers 13 3
23 O Fantasia Bombers Magpies 14 13

Or maybe you couldn't care less about the award!

zippadeee said:
Grigg.

That's the same Grigg of 2013-2014
Lift your game Zips. Pess has you well and truly covered regarding Grigg-bashing the last few weeks.

doesn't each judge give a 3-2-1 vote ? Then it's not hard to see MacAttack missing on votes if he's not in the standout 4 or 5 rising star players

Baloo said:
doesn't each judge give a 3-2-1 vote ? Then it's not hard to see MacAttack missing on votes if he's not in the standout 4 or 5 rising star players

I think they vote 5-4-3-2-1. Players such as Touk Miller, Adam Saad, Jordan De Goey and Jackson Thurlow got votes ahead of him. They all played in crap sides whilst Mac held his spot in a strong side.

A joke that not one judge could find a vote for him especially ahead of those mentioned above.

Ridley said:
I think they vote 5-4-3-2-1. Players such as Touk Miller, Adam Saad, Jordan De Goey and Jackson Thurlow got votes ahead of him. They all played in crap sides whilst Mac held his spot in a strong side.

A joke that not one judge could find a vote for him especially ahead of those mentioned above.

Joke alright, who the hell is Jackson Thurlow?

Well done to Jesse Hogan. It was obvious he'd be the winner. I like his similar traits to Jack.

True Cripps was taken by Carlton 2014 but I think he broke his leg.

Hogan played with the Demons affiliate club 2014 and by memory won the goal kicking.

I think both were worthy winners but Hogan has been quite outstanding year for a key position player.