Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

3 pages back on this thread I posted Lefau's 2017 combine results so in case you missed them:

Running Vertical Leap: 100cm – Mykelti Lefau

20m Sprint: 2.91 seconds – Mykelti Lefau

Beep Test: 14.10 – Mykelti Lefau

As far as VFL goes we've only had 11 games to go by as June last year was his return from an ACL.
Didn't see him dominate as a fwd but last 4 games they moved him into the midfield and had something like 64 possessions and 39 tackles.

Has trained forward the whole pre-season and in his video he said that is where he will start and fine tune his craft.
He also said he as competitive on the ground as he is in the air and who am i to argue when you look at his athletic capabilities.

As good as his vertical leap is purported to be I haven't witnessed a lot of overhead contested marks but i haven't seen him out marked often either, at least if he doesn't mark you think he will still apply the pressure when the ball hits the ground?
The club loves his versatility. Would not be surprised if he moves up the ground at some stage.

Reactions: 3 users
3 pages back on this thread I posted Lefau's 2017 combine results so in case you missed them:

Running Vertical Leap: 100cm – Mykelti Lefau

20m Sprint: 2.91 seconds – Mykelti Lefau

Beep Test: 14.10 – Mykelti Lefau

As far as VFL goes we've only had 11 games to go by as June last year was his return from an ACL.
Didn't see him dominate as a fwd but last 4 games they moved him into the midfield and had something like 64 possessions and 39 tackles.

Has trained forward the whole pre-season and in his video he said that is where he will start and fine tune his craft.
He also said he is as competitive on the ground as he is in the air and who am i to argue when you look at his athletic capabilities.

As good as his vertical leap is purported to be I haven't witnessed a lot of overhead contested marks but i haven't seen him out marked often either, at least if he doesn't mark you think he will still apply the pressure when the ball hits the ground?

Astonishing athleticism for size!!!!

If he really is 195, id like to see him revolutionise ruck relief

Reactions: 1 user
What number is he going to have? 42?

I expect the club will have his player photo and number up on the site by June (sorry, I'm having a down day regarding club media/injury reporting). :mad:

What number is he going to have? 42?

I expect the club will have his player photo and number up on the site by June (sorry, I'm having a down day regarding club media/injury reporting). :mad:
Yeah most likely Judz previous number. Team photos should be out this week too.

Astonishing athleticism for size!!!!

If he really is 195, id like to see him revolutionise ruck relief

Now that you are allowed to strong arm in the ruck not as outlandish as you think, in the fwd line anyway, Balta did some fwd rucking well on the weekend much better than having Lynch taking throw ins on occasions.

195 is doubtful but then you see what a huge guy he is up close so who knows.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Already shrunk to 194cm in paper;), hybrid forward, potential battering ram mid will have to suffice.:)

Its a midget pinata,

But filled with massive blokes.

Keen to hear more from the VfL watchers.

Where does he play long term?

Is he the first Gigantic, truly terrifying pressure forward?

How quick is he? Spring? Tank? Etc

C'mon fellas, you know who you are*

* naysayers need not apply.
From the little I’ve seen and I believe last season was coming back after an ACL ? He’s a brute Easy , very ballistic , no idea on endurance, of the top of my head I’d say he’s skills are good for a ruck . Definitely going to be a tough match up , he’s the type I wouldn’t mind seeing in the back half for a bit .

Good risk

Reactions: 1 users
Happy with Lefau. I notice that lolnorth have signed Sellers from their vfl program who is one I wanted us to look at.
193 cm key forward

Kositchke at 198 seems more than an inch taller than our Myki when he rubs his head after his goal?

Naismith gives him a rub too, and looks more than 100mm taller

Tarrant and hopper look to reach up about 2 inches on their head rubs

the 195 is tantalising, but I dunno?

this quadrangulation I reckon puts him at 192.5.

but if it puts his shoulder an inch closer to Tom Stewarts (190) sternum.

im OK with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Kositchke at 198 seems more than an inch taller than our Myki when he rubs his head after his goal?

Naismith gives him a rub too, and looks more than 100mm taller

Tarrant and hopper look to reach up about 2 inches on their head rubs

the 195 is tantalising, but I dunno?

this quadrangulation I reckon puts him at 192.5.
Sounds like you were working the ARC in 2022

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
From the little I’ve seen and I believe last season was coming back after an ACL ? He’s a brute Easy , very ballistic , no idea on endurance, of the top of my head I’d say he’s skills are good for a ruck . Definitely going to be a tough match up , he’s the type I wouldn’t mind seeing in the back half for a bit .

Good risk
Mid field for me, mixing it up with the rucks and Crapps!

I want this bloke to start. And stay in. Best cult hero in years.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
We need a good nickname. Could be a compelling story.

Bit of moana’s maui (the rock) about him.

1708397318070.jpeg

1708397394698.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I want this bloke to start. And stay in. Best cult hero in years.

agree.

all things being equal,

I reckon I'd have to go back over 3 decades to Andy Goodwin, who holds the Guinness World Record for broken noses (his)