Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Watched the streaming movie, ‘Scoop’ on the weekend. A dramatised portrayal of the events leading up to Prince Andrew’s infamously disastrous interview.

Some artistic license of course. But I was reading interviews with some of the people portrayed in the movie. And comparing what they say, a relatively close portrayal.

One scene that struck me. Where the Duke is sitting in a meeting with his daughter and staff, vetting the BBC producers and interviewer.

At the end of the meeting, his attempt at some dry humour with a parting joke to lighten the mood. “I’ve never understood the fixation around my relationship with Epstein. I didn’t really know him that well. I was far closer to Savile.” Delivered with smirk and chuckle as he departed the meeting.

According to BBC reps that were at the meeting. That did happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Watched the streaming movie, ‘Scoop’ on the weekend. A dramatised portrayal of the events leading up to Prince Andrew’s infamously disastrous interview.

Some artistic license of course. But I was reading interviews with some of the people portrayed in the movie. And comparing what they say, a relatively close portrayal.

One scene that struck me. Where the Duke is sitting in a meeting with his daughter and staff, vetting the BBC producers and interviewer.

At the end of the meeting, his attempt at some dry humour with a parting joke to lighten the mood. “I’ve never understood the fixation around my relationship with Epstein. I didn’t really know him that well. I was far closer to Savile.” Delivered with smirk and chuckle as he departed the meeting.

I liked the parts leading up to the interview, the interview not so much even though Gillian Anderson gave a great performance as did Rufus Sewell as Prince Andrew. But yeah he's 100% guilty of what he's been accused of.

Reactions: 1 user
I liked the parts leading up to the interview, the interview not so much even though Gillian Anderson gave a great performance as did Rufus Sewell as Prince Andrew. But yeah he's 100% guilty of what he's been accused of.
Of course he is. And dumb as a box of hammers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
And dumb as a box of hammers.
Given his apparent lack of intellect, I struggle to understand how he was selected for the Naval aviation branch. Or commissioned as an officer in the Navy, apart from who he was.

Certainly my experience going through ADF recruitment. Some very capable and intelligent people I have seen miss out on officer selection. It’s no walk in the park getting through it.

Sure, it’s an imperfect process where standards are set high to weed applicants out. And as such, they probably reject quite a few people who may have actually been capable of the job once in the service. And indeed it sounds like Prince Andrew was quite well regarded as a Naval helicopter pilot once working in the field (I assume that’s not just Royal PR and spin?). But if he wasn’t who he is, one wonders if he would have got that opportunity in the first place.

Last edited:

What was it on PT?

“I’ve never understood the fixation around my relationship with Epstein. I didn’t really know him that well. I was far closer to Savile.” Delivered with smirk and chuckle as he departed the meeting.
FMD. From Epstein to Saville, now there's a pairing you'd only confess to hanging out with on your death bed. Coulda thrown Rolfy in there n had himself a triumvirate of slime.