Membership | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Whats the latest on RFC membership  numbers?

Given what many have considered a fairly promising recruitment period of both players and people like Britts& Miller,  the hope is that our membership numbers will expand and grow, despite last years on/f performance.

I have noted that the Pies,Bombers,Hawks, carlton numbers are up....... gee i even heard the saints had 13,000 members around christmas.

The last mention of membership numbers (not onfirmed)was  around 10,000 and that was as late as last week, hoped that it would have been substantially more.If this is so, like our on-field performances we have a lot of improvement off-field also.

It was amazing how the red seat members area emptied out last season, and people swore they'd never buy a membership again.
I presume it happened in other areas too.
I watched Knighters last game the other day and we had so few people there.
Normally that would have been close to a sellout.
It's going to be interesting to see if supporters will get behind the club this season.
I can't help but be confident every pre season, but I realise supporters feel they've been let down heaps and it might take more than a couple of draft picks to win their support again.
The clubs had a real crack at improving things, now we need good support from Richmond fans.
Its so vital to get off to a good start...Win the first few games and hopefully everybody will come back.
Go Tiges.

The clubs had a real crack at improving things, now we need good support from Richmond fans.

Agreed Rosy, but the very reason the Club has had the motivation to be more pro active in getting the Club moving is because they realise that supporters are tired of the same old story year in year out and that it's going to take a lot more than words to convince them that things will be different in the future.

If not for the fact that they realise we could lose members, what other reason would they have to do anything about the situation? It is up to the Club to win back, not only the respect of the football world, but its own supporters.

Some supporters have been teased and taunted too many times over the years to be swayed by a few changes. When our supporters come back in their droves, then we'll know that things really have changed ... and for the better.

If not buying a membership is going to help this Club move forward, then I don't feel it's altogether a bad thing.

The reason I say that is because I know that, despite what anyone thinks of us, our supporters have and always will be there when needed.

It's up to the Club to turn things around.

Whats the latest on RFC membership  numbers?

The last mention of membership numbers (not onfirmed)was  around 10,000 and that was as late as last week, hoped that it would have been substantially more.If this is so, like our on-field performances we have a lot of improvement off-field also.

MY, the last conversation I had with the membership department (as we finally sorted out the last of the problems with my renewals) was 10,000 members was about right and that figure is very similar to this time last year. I got the feeling that the Club was reasonably pleased with this figure considering the disappointment of season 2002. I also told that the "recruitment" of Miller in particular had helped them achieve this number. But reserve seat renewal numbers were down on last year at this time.

Latest membership figures, from richmondfc.com.au, are just over 16,000.

It's a fair effort, all things considered, but it's still a long way behind some other Clubs.

Found out last Thursday evening that of the current number, about 1500 of those are new members. The balance are people that have renewed.

Things at the membership department had been very quiet after the Wizz fizzer cup loss.

Convenience might also be a reason why memberships are down if you can stay home and watch a live broadcast. Might be a more cost-efficient method for familes.

Great post MC I totally agree.

I think the flogpies have 27500 already :(
Amazing to think just a few years ago hardly anyone wanted to be a member there. Now they are all back on the band-wagon.I can feel my hatred coming back. ;D