McCarthy !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McCarthy !!

Tigaman

Tiger Legend
May 23, 2010
McCarthy giving GWS stress after Dockers put out feelers to him as a replacement for Pav. Latest update on this, a round table meeting with McCarthy's manager, GWS, AFL & AFLPA is being initiated by McCarthy's manager . The proposal is that , due to McCarthy's state of home sickness he McCarthy should be delisted by GWS fortwith. If this occurs McCarthy can be picked up by Dockers as a free agent come draft time this year. If I was GWS CEO my message to McCarthy would be ,front up now or face a Breach of Contract court case.

What possible motivation would GWS have to delist him?

Worst case for them should be he doesn't play this year and they trade for him at the end of the season.

Tigaman said:
McCarthy giving GWS stress after Dockers put out feelers to him as a replacement for Pav. Latest update on this, a round table meeting with McCarthy's manager, GWS, AFL & AFLPA is being initiated by McCarthy's manager . The proposal is that , due to McCarthy's state of home sickness he McCarthy should be delisted by GWS fortwith. If this occurs McCarthy can be picked up by Dockers as a free agent come draft time this year. If I was GWS CEO my message to McCarthy would be ,front up now or face a Breach of Contract court case.
That manager of McCarthy's is a real piece of work.

Contracts no longer mean squat. Coaches and players alike. Freo desperate for years to replace pav have resorted to pretty low tactics. No doubt they have been in the sooks ear.

Tigaman said:
Still two years to run on the contract...................................... make him sweat for the entire term.

I hope GWS use their contractual powers on this one and end up with a deal at season's end. Some of these player manager's really need to have a look at themselves and less on their own bank accounts. Starting to make media gutter rats look like warm fuzzy teddy bears.

Sintiger said:
What possible motivation would GWS have to delist him?

Worst case for them should be he doesn't play this year and they trade for him at the end of the season.

or McCarthy is allowed to walk as a free agent and GWS get nothing for him.

TigerMasochist said:
Still two years to run on the contract...................................... make him sweat for the entire term.

agree - GWS have no choice

year of the tiger said:

agree - GWS have no choice

I they do make it as difficult as possible. He is not serving the term of his contract. Should have to wait until he plays two years in my opinion.

year of the tiger said:
The only way that can happen is if they release him from his contract and Freo is the only party who can release him unless there has been breach of contract by GWS.

Sintiger said:
The only way that can happen is if they release him from his contract and Freo is the only party who can release him unless there has been breach of contract by GWS.

Huh?

Sintiger said:
he is contracted for 2016 and 2017. So unless GWS release him from his contract how can he be a delisted free agent before the end of 2017 ?

OK. But in my quote of your sentence you stated that "Freo was the only party who can release him".

Just nit picking.

On reading the article in the paper here in WA I came to the opinion that a player can be delisted at any time by a club when such circumstances exist eg Medical reasons , Unbecoming Behaviour etc etc. Once delisted that player then becomes a free agent. I do not know all the in & outs of AFL rules in regards to a situation like this but the article did state that his agent was seeking a round table conference on McCarthy's future. Myself I do think McCarthy & his agent are bluffing so GWS have to call them with a breach of contract. Home sickness is not a recognised illness but they will associate that with it as Mental Stress Condition . No doubt McCarthy will end up with the Dockers but at what cost. Dockers offered them their two first picks last year & GWS knocked it back. Nothing worse at a club when some one wants out & is not putting it in full time when they are paid to do so.

Tigaman said:
On reading the article in the paper here in WA I came to the opinion that a player can be delisted at any time by a club when such circumstances exist eg Medical reasons , Unbecoming Behaviour etc etc. Once delisted that player then becomes a free agent. I do not know all the in & outs of AFL rules in regards to a situation like this but the article did state that his agent was seeking a round table conference on McCarthy's future. Myself I do think McCarthy & his agent are bluffing so GWS have to call them with a breach of contract. Home sickness is not a recognised illness but they will associate that with it as Mental Stress Condition . No doubt McCarthy will end up with the Dockers but at what cost. Dockers offered them their two first picks last year & GWS knocked it back. Nothing worse at a club when some one wants out & is not putting it in full time when they are paid to do so.

thanks I thought he could be delisted by the club if they both agreed to it.