Marks in forward line | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Marks in forward line

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Has anyone else noted how many marks for goals we took in the forward 50. There may have been one from memory. JR got one from a doubtful free, and a spillage over the back. Nason kicked two on the run, as did Farmer and Nahas. That's 6 of our goals out of 7. Not sure about the other goal, but how can a team win games or be competitive without taking marks and kicking goals from the 50 arc? It seems we always kick high into the forward line and can't really remember any nice low passes, not only in this game but others as well. Very difficult I reckon, without a Franklin, Hall or Mooney/ Johnson type to mark.

To be honest, the only goal I can remember Richmond kicking from a mark all year was the left foot scorcher that Dustin Martin landed on the chest of Riewoldt.

I think it sticks in my mind because it's a very rare occurence.

Going from reports from the last Coburg game Polak took a few good marks and kicked straight.
Polak must be picked for this weeks game against the Crows. If he isnt youd ask why was he upgraded ?

btoz_01 said:
Going from reports from the last Coburg game Polak took a few good marks and kicked straight.
Polak must be picked for this weeks game against the Crows. If he isnt youd ask why was he upgraded ?

Agree

We get a few marks inside 50, just can't convert.

I know from memory Will Thursfield took one, Jack took at least two, Newman took one and a couple moer.

We had 5 marks inside forward 50. 4 of them were taken by Riewoldt and 1 by Thursfield.

So far this season we have not had more than 10 marks per game inside forward 50. I think the best being 7 against Carlton. However our opposition are getting closer to 20 marks per game.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
How can it be.Isnt Jack a KPF?

that would be jack who is 14th in the league for marks inside 50, and 12th for contested marks??
noone his age has taken more of either.

sorry im forgetting all jacks stats are junk time and he doesnt actually beat anyone when it matters. pfffffft.

Brodders17 said:
that would be jack who is 14th in the league for marks inside 50, and 12th for contested marks??
noone his age has taken more of either.

sorry im forgetting all jacks stats are junk time and he doesnt actually beat anyone when it matters. pfffffft.

Yep, Jack has been one of our few shining lights this year. I've been very happy with his output.

Don't worry, Madcow has NFI. He thinks Jack is a flanker not a KPF. :rofl