man love for martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

man love for martin

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
i just like to say that this kid will give me great joy for the next 10 years, the way he attacks the ball . shrugs off opponents, i dont think i have ever seen a 18 year old shrug off opponents as well as not go ground , i havent been this excited about a recruit since richo walked in the club , this kid is a jet .

He's certainly a gun at getting the hard ball under immense physical pressure. In fact he was looking a bit sore and sorry during the last quarter.
I hope occasionally he can play other roles without being the battering ram every week. I don't want him to be a burnt out physical wreck at 21.

Truly an amazing player! :clap

This guy is creme de la creme :clap

Joining in with Cotchin, Deledio and others - the future is indeed BRIGHT :clap

Son of Francis said:
He's certainly a gun at getting the hard ball under immense physical pressure. In fact he was looking a bit sore and sorry during the last quarter.
I hope occasionally he can play other roles without being the battering ram every week. I don't want him to be a burnt out physical wreck at 21.

Agreed. Maybe he can play off a wing and utilize his kicking skills here and there or HFF? I know he can do it but is the best thing for an 18 year kid doing all that in and under stuff? Don't want to Luke Ball him. I know DH has stated already he will be rested again later on in the year as will Cotchin.

Massive man crush, he is a freak.

Has been robbed the NAB rising star award for a small indiscretion, could the club have challenged it at the time?

Scribblar said:
el capitano
As good he is and will be, cant see him ever been Captain while Cotchin is a Tiger..

Could not have found a better style of midfielder to come into the club at our darkest hour...darkest hour is just before the dawn ;D

Son of Francis said:
I`m not sure if it was in the last quarter but i seen him bent over holding his guts at one stage in the centre of the ground,like someone had just belted him in the guts.
The nearest Eagles player was Priddis who was jogging away,our trainers came out to Dustin and then big Angus started remonstrating with Priddis and then Naitanui was remonstarting with Gus etc.

So i put 2 and 2 together and decided that that shaggy haired rat Priddis belted Dustin in the bread basket when he wasn`t ready.
Weak dog.

Anyway,plenty of man love from me towards Dustin too.

Son of Francis said:

Good point you've raised David.
While its exhilarating watching Dustin shrug off tackles and burst the packs, we need to keep in mind his longevity.
Give him a run at hff or hbf now and then to take some stress off his body from the hits.
Geez he's like a young bull that kid.

CC TIGER said:
As good he is and will be, cant see him ever been Captain while Cotchin is a Tiger..

Could not have found a better style of midfielder to come into the club at our darkest hour...darkest hour is just before the dawn ;D

It's true, what the club needed most was a midfielder with a big body and ball use skills, and it just fell into our lap that was the best available (or close enough) at pick 3.

Can't stand Russell as a commentator but he did say one thing in yesterday's game that rang true when he said Dustin's not there to wait for anyone else to show him the ropes, he's there to create his own success.
Reckon that's true, this kid is like a bull in more ways than one.

He would have to be our best 1st year player in the last 20-30 years... I would love to know who was better?

B2

michael roach said:
I`m not sure if it was in the last quarter but i seen him bent over holding his guts at one stage in the centre of the ground,like someone had just belted him in the guts.
The nearest Eagles player was Priddis who was jogging away,our trainers came out to Dustin and then big Angus started remonstrating with Priddis and then Naitanui was remonstarting with Gus etc.

So i put 2 and 2 together and decided that that shaggy haired rat Priddis belted Dustin in the bread basket when he wasn`t ready.
Weak dog.

Pretty sure that's right, I remember them mentioning it on SEN and one of the commentators said they saw what happened. Can't remember who they said did it, but they did say whoever it was whacked him right in the solar plexus.