Live chat with Sheeds on now Herald Sun site | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Live chat with Sheeds on now Herald Sun site

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Heres the link http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/live-chat-with-kevin-sheedy/story-e6frf9jf-1225869089020

12:04 [Comment From lowey: ]
dustin martin to GWS sheeds....hmmm

Thursday May 20, 2010 12:04
12:05 With Dustin Martin, everyone keeps telling me we are after him. We will be told bya lot fo people, what about this player, or that player. The more conjecture there is about players, the more you upset them.
The real reason we will hit clubs or talk to their players, is they are telling our kids not to sign to GWS. When I draw that list up and I come after the players from certain clubs, they will know the reason why. Welcome to what we all know is a war off the field with regards to recruiting. They will know we are coming.

Barnzy said:
12:04 [Comment From lowey: ]
dustin martin to GWS sheeds....hmmm

Thursday May 20, 2010 12:04
12:05 With Dustin Martin, everyone keeps telling me we are after him. We will be told bya lot fo people, what about this player, or that player. The more conjecture there is about players, the more you upset them.
The real reason we will hit clubs or talk to their players, is they are telling our kids not to sign to GWS. When I draw that list up and I come after the players from certain clubs, they will know the reason why. Welcome to what we all know is a war off the field with regards to recruiting. They will know we are coming.

and this too....

"The difficulty will be 2011-21 drafts going to the Gold Coast and GWS, but they will still be able to draft.
The rules are set in place already, and there is a Melbourne newspaper trying to gain them draft concessions to favour the Tigers,
the only way you could do it is pick 4 and pick 6 could go to Richmond. It could be a way, but maybe the AFL won’t let them do it."

What do we think of all this?

Does Sheedy know something that we don't know yet? Is he bleating because Blair Hartley or someone from Richmond is trying to convince a youngster to resist signing with them? Is there something specific coming out of AFL level about special concessions for the Tigers?

He seems to know something about this, the wily old so-and-so and, as usual, he can't keep his mouth shut.

TOT70 said:
Does Sheedy know something that we don't know yet? Is he bleating because Blair Hartley or someone from Richmond is trying to convince a youngster to resist signing with them? Is there something specific coming out of AFL level about special concessions for the Tigers?

Reading between the lines I think so too, that was my first impression when I read it.

I've read his latest book, he is a very vindicative man.
Page after page, chapter after chapter he raved on about who had supported him and who hadn't.
After reading his book i wouldn't put anything past him.