Lets cement a back 6 to take build team on | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lets cement a back 6 to take build team on

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
We must cement our backline so it picks itself and players selected know and trust each other. I believe the backline for future is CONNORS THURSFIELD MOORE DELIEDO GOURIDIS NEWMAN this line up has pace good kicking skills height and rebound

Laughs at the omission of Mcguane and the inclusion of Gouridis who has done absolutely nothing at VFL level. ::)

sorry, but i have to add if deledio ends up hb for the rest of his career then we have wasted a no 1 pick in that case... put him in the guts for the rest of his career whether he likes it or not, he has the talent to be a judd type - just needs to grow some balls... get over being tagged lids, its all part of the caper m8...

my preference would be:

Moore Thursfield Connors

Newman Post Tambling

Deledio Martin Collins

Morton Astbury Nason

Riewoldt Griffiths Taylor

Vickery Cotchin Foley

Contin, Nahas, Webberley, Grimes

thegdog said:
Goddard went to backline and turned into gun

im not sure what goddard played as a junior, but i recall him starting out as a hb from the start until recently he is a jack of all trades... good point taken on board, not sure goddard was as much of a girly man?

I feel sorry for Lids it is hard to soar like an eagle when you are playing with so many turkeys

Lids is not going to be aJudd type player! Jusnt have the ball winning ability in close
He has the break neck speed and kicking but he aint a C Judd

I see him more as Nicky Dal Santo type, good skill and composure
Watching the Saints game tonight the Saints at every opportunity look for Dal and block, shephard and do anything to give him space which Lids doesnt getSurely if we stick lids in the midfield or HB and instructions to the McGuane's Moore's Tuck that they win th eball and look for Lids and block for him every time to spot up a target

I hope to Zeus on high that in 2 years every single one of our spudly backmen are gone, replaced by actual footballers.