Leadership group. Do we have leaders? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leadership group. Do we have leaders?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
With a 2015 leadership group of Morris, Cotchin, Chaplin, Maric & Deledio
Is there any wonder we got lost against the North Geriatrics that had more desire for the ball
Why is Morris (cant get a game) & Chaplin (whos soft) considered to be leaders?
There are born leaders. In 2016 Rance & Riewoldt who bleed Yellow & Black must be in the leadership group.

Agree - Rance and Jack lead every week yet we have Morris in the leadership group. That makes little sense

Obviously not picking the leaders based on on-field leadership with Morris and Chaplin in there.

Remove Morris and Chaplin for Jack and Rance. Morris can't even get a game, so I can't see how he is part of the leadership group past this year.

I believe the players vote for the leadership group.Why doesn't our coaching department have the sole responsibility of picking the leadership group?

casper68 said:
I believe the players vote for the leadership group.Why doesn't our coaching department have the sole responsibility of picking the leadership group?

I think the intention is that the players will respect and follow a leader that they voted for, rather than a leader that is chosen for them.

casper68 said:
that annoys me too. May as well let the players vote on the team selections too.

Steve Morris must be a natural born leader. That's the type we need.

Shame he can't play football.

By any measures, Rance and Riewoldt have earned a leadership position. Chaplin and Morris (poor choice anyway) need to concentrate on their own games.

Vlastuin should be there too.