Lambert officially upgraded | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lambert officially upgraded

Lambert lands a promotion

richmondfc.com.au October 30, 2015 12:01 PM

Kane Lambert will be a senior listed Richmond player in 2016

Richmond’s 2015 mature-age midfield recruit Kane Lambert will be rewarded for his impressive debut season at Tigerland with an upgrade to the Club’s 2016 senior playing list.

Lambert, taken by the Tigers with their third pick (No. 46 overall) in the AFL’s rookie draft late last year, was elevated to the primary list on the eve of the 2015 season and made his senior league debut against the Western Bulldogs at the MCG in Round 2.

Unfortunately, he sustained a severe shoulder injury during that match and didn’t return to senior ranks until the Round 13 clash with Sydney at the SCG.

But the persistence, which has been a hallmark of Lambert’s football journey, along with a decent amount of ability, then kicked in, to ensure he maintained his place in the Tigers’ line-up for the rest of season 2015, including the elimination final loss to North Melbourne.

The 23-year-old played 13 games all-up in his first season of AFL football and had an impact through the midfield and across the forward line at times.

He averaged 15.6 disposals per game, kicked eight goals, and provided the team with a spark through his lively play.

Good to hear. I reckon he'll be one to watch now that he's gained some experience in AFL games. Should be a regular 1st 22 soon enough.

A real goer and a good bloke to boot

I take it then that Castagna is staying as a rookie

question: will Kane be officially elevated via a late pick in the ND, thus being our third pick (after 12 & 52) ?

taztiger4 said:
Think we have 120 , we would use that
Depends if we want to leave a spot open for the psd draft. Then we,d have to use the pick before that one.

ryan said:
A real goer and a good bloke to boot

I think so. He was promoted late in the season for a bit wasn't he?

ryan said:

Maybe they'll leave the additional senior spot open for either Castagna or Short, as both impressed this year.

Probably a strategy of leaving a spot for preseason draft etc, then they can upgrade one just before the season.

after drafting Yarran & Townsend and putting Lambert on the senior list, we are left with a minimum 3 and maximum 5 spots right ?

so minimum is probably 12 & 52 and a DFA such as Moore to make 38.

That leaves 2 senior spots and 1 rookie, or up to 3 more rookies to make 6 rookies not counting Soldo.

Didn't like him in the forward line to begin with - looked much better on or behind the ball.

Great little pick up and fills a depth role perfectly.

Continue the great work Kane!