Lack of a small forward. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lack of a small forward.

We desperately need a quality small forward; at least one more quick, skillful and preferably big bodied midfielder and one more running half back with good skills that can play on opposition small forwards.

So which one do we fill first, and are there any players currently at the club that can fill any of them? I do agree that we need a small forward and Steve Morris simply ain't it. Need to at least try someone already there.

Tigers2011 said:
McDonough is the one to try as a small forward. Morris to go back until we find a better small back option with skills - maybe Castagna by all reports.
I think Castagna is getting over an injury, but I would like to see them at least try McDonough in this role. He couldn't do worse than Morris, especially if he was given the same sort of opportunity that is being afforded Steve. Short also looks good in what I've seen of him in the VFL, but he's on the rookie list.

It's our major issue. But it's not going to be resolved by a McDonough ot Castagna, we need a bonafide gun small forward to take the most of ground ball opportunities.

Could have gotten Garlett for nothing perfect fit for our needs