Kill the bush fires early... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kill the bush fires early...

Scribblar

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 2, 2010
Loved the game today. Very happy that the boys ran out the game and the boys must be pumped that we ran the Hawks so close.
Loved the day at the 'G'....what a beautiful day to see the Tiges.

I want to keep this general, with no excuses for the age of any player, where they've come from or what they could be.

I would just like Hardwick to iron out a few old issues before they become a cancer again in the new side.

Firstly, when picking up the ball our guys should be told to lift their eyes and aim for longer vision. Too many times in the past and I saw it today, we pick the ball up and look around in the vicinity of 5 feet. That means when we are in trouble, we give it off to another guy so close that he then becomes entangled, sometimes by the same opponent who's just had a crack at the original ball-getter. This also gets us sinking back into the old habit of basically handballing in a circle until that circle gets smaller and smaller....and then we turn it over. This is a disease from our past that should be ironed out before it sets in to this new side. The likes of Hodge and other Hawks today would pick the ball up, lift their heads and eye sight and look at the next line, not the next closest player...a proactive move. We pick it up and look for someone in our local vicinity (3-5 feet)....always a regressive move. We need to lift our line of vision....always.

Secondly, our backline needs to be told that their first visual objective should be to look forward and upfield. Opposition teams love it when Richmond backmen pick up the ball and instinctively look backwards. The objective should be to aim to get the ball upfield. Not direct our attention to the negative disposition of looking to keep the ball IN the backline. At one stage today a Richmond player in the backline marked, didn't even raise his eyes, (and their was a team-mate free further afield) and spun around looking for someone to give it off to near the Hawks goal square...backwards!!! What sort of negative.....losing......mindset is that?? I don't care how it is done, but anyone about to play in our backline needs to be deprogrammed from that negative, backward and LOSING mindset from past FAILED RFC backlines. We can only win with goals and good side always want to go forward...not back into their shells.

We nearly got there today, but if we are to start afresh with a new, young team....our team can't be allowed to fall back into bad habits from our failed past.

Cheers
Go the (new) Tiges!

Maybe our players need glasses. OPSM have 30-50% off the RRP, bi-focals are not on special and they can use their medicare card, otherwise they can pay for it and claim it on their next tax return.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Maybe our players need glasses. OPSM have 30-50% off the RRP, bi-focals are not on special and they can use their medicare card, otherwise they can pay for it and claim it on their next tax return.

I thought advertising was banned on here :hihi

Scribblar said:
Loved the game today. Very happy that the boys ran out the game and the boys must be pumped that we ran the Hawks so close.
Loved the day at the 'G'....what a beautiful day to see the Tiges.

I want to keep this general, with no excuses for the age of any player, where they've come from or what they could be.

I would just like Hardwick to iron out a few old issues before they become a cancer again in the new side.

Firstly, when picking up the ball our guys should be told to lift their eyes and aim for longer vision. Too many times in the past and I saw it today, we pick the ball up and look around in the vicinity of 5 feet. That means when we are in trouble, we give it off to another guy so close that he then becomes entangled, sometimes by the same opponent who's just had a crack at the original ball-getter. This also gets us sinking back into the old habit of basically handballing in a circle until that circle gets smaller and smaller....and then we turn it over. This is a disease from our past that should be ironed out before it sets in to this new side. The likes of Hodge and other Hawks today would pick the ball up, lift their heads and eye sight and look at the next line, not the next closest player...a proactive move. We pick it up and look for someone in our local vicinity (3-5 feet)....always a regressive move. We need to lift our line of vision....always.

Secondly, our backline needs to be told that their first visual objective should be to look forward and upfield. Opposition teams love it when Richmond backmen pick up the ball and instinctively look backwards. The objective should be to aim to get the ball upfield. Not direct our attention to the negative disposition of looking to keep the ball IN the backline. At one stage today a Richmond player in the backline marked, didn't even raise his eyes, (and their was a team-mate free further afield) and spun around looking for someone to give it off to near the Hawks goal square...backwards!!! What sort of negative.....losing......mindset is that?? I don't care how it is done, but anyone about to play in our backline needs to be deprogrammed from that negative, backward and LOSING mindset from past FAILED RFC backlines. We can only win with goals and good side always want to go forward...not back into their shells.

Dont ever plot a murder on facebook Scribbler. You leave too many traces of DNA splattered across your computer screen.