Kick to the Punt Road end in Q1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kick to the Punt Road end in Q1

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
The last two matches we have played at the 'G with a strong northerly wind (Hawthorn, Collingwood) have resulted in it being very difficult to kick goals at the Jolimont end because the wind actually swirls in the other direction pushing the ball towards the MCC Members side.

In both those games our opponents took ages to adjust (Hawthorn never kicked a goal at that end) and we only nailed set shots in the Collingwood match because we had some experience in the conditions. I reckon only 3 out of 12 relatively easy set shots ended up being goals at that end in those matches.

We need to kick to the Punt Road end in Q1 because that will significantly handicap North if they kick to the Jolimont end early and don't immediately adjust, it could end up being the major factor in getting a good start on the scoreboard.

Somebody pass this info onto whoever tosses the coin today.....

As an old timer I always superstitious and preferred we were coming home to the Punt Road end in the final quarter.

I've noticed that Cotch will usually go to punt road end in Q1 when he wins the toss. My friend and I always comment on it, as we would rather he go to Punt road end in the last quarter! But that's just cause we are usually up that end! :cute laugh

puntrd64 said:
As an old timer I always superstitious and preferred we were coming home to the Punt Road end in the final quarter.

Back in the red seat days I always hoped we'd kick to the Punt Road End first.

David C said:
The last two matches we have played at the 'G with a strong northerly wind (Hawthorn, Collingwood) have resulted in it being very difficult to kick goals at the Jolimont end because the wind actually swirls in the other direction pushing the ball towards the MCC Members side.

In both those games our opponents took ages to adjust (Hawthorn never kicked a goal at that end) and we only nailed set shots in the Collingwood match because we had some experience in the conditions. I reckon only 3 out of 12 relatively easy set shots ended up being goals at that end in those matches.

We need to kick to the Punt Road end in Q1 because that will significantly handicap North if they kick to the Jolimont end early and don't immediately adjust, it could end up being the major factor in getting a good start on the scoreboard.

Somebody pass this info onto whoever tosses the coin today.....

Gee, I hope Brad Scott doesn't read Punt Road End.

I'd rather kick to the PRE in the last quarter when we are 10 goals up and the Crowd is BEZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK.

CarnTheTiges said:
I don't think Trent will ever go against the wind when he wins the toss ever again after last year's EF.

A Northerly wind blows across the 'G if you look at the flags on top of the scoreboard, but the way it swirls around inside the venue favours the Punt Road goal as the easier one to score at.

That is the end to go to in Q1 when players are nervous and any set shots are just that much more difficult.