Keeping Ones feet | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Keeping Ones feet

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
sounds so simple - but after watching the game it seems something our players find hard to do.

a lot of our players dive on the ball, or get pushed down way to easy making it hard to dispose of the ball in contested situations - when the ball came out the Cats players who were keeping to their feet were in a position to then clear from the congestion. how many times did we lose posession of the ball yesterday from not being in a position to dispose of the ball.

I suppose it will come when we have the bigger bodies to compete, but I really noticed how bad we actually were at it yesterday - I hope we spend time on this at training.

it sounds simple - but i know its not. but it does show 1 of the many areas in the game where we are not quite at the goods sides level.

thoughts

U2Tigers said:
sounds so simple - but after watching the game it seems something our players find hard to do.

a lot of our players dive on the ball, or get pushed down way to easy making it hard to dispose of the ball in contested situations - when the ball came out the Cats players who were keeping to their feet were in a position to then clear from the congestion. how many times did we lose posession of the ball yesterday from not being in a position to dispose of the ball.

I suppose it will come when we have the bigger bodies to compete, but I really noticed how bad we actually were at it yesterday - I hope we spend time on this at training.

it sounds simple - but i know its not. but it does show 1 of the many areas in the game where we are not quite at the goods sides level.

thoughts

it is partly due to strength, but a lot to do with confidence.

U2Tigers said:

thoughts

definitely an issue, but I think the lack of size is a big factor. Our kids were able to keep with them, but too often were too easily brushed off. That being said, Geelong is renouned for is strong midfield, so it wasn't unexpected

Tiger_4_Life said:
Kelvin Moore looked like he struggled to keep his feet yesterday, think he was wearing the wrong boots really.

:hihi Maybe he was wearing stilletos. I made special note of Moore sliping over when he was near any contest.

It was a dirty day overall.