Kangas to recruit Rugby star | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kangas to recruit Rugby star

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Reported in the Sun that Kangas want to recruit a Rugby League star just like GC and GWS have.
Brad Scott was last seen 8) stalking 8) Wally Lewis.

I thought you were joking but he has said that. ( not the Wally Lewis bit).

Scott and North are doing and saying whatever they can to get as much media exposure as possible. They need to be careful because I think they are rapidly reaching the point where people are going to get sick of hearing Scott's/North's view on everything.

btoz_01 said:
Reported in the Sun that Kangas want to recruit a Rugby League star just like GC and GWS have.
Brad Scott was last seen 8) stalking 8) Wally Lewis.

Why? Do they need more exposure in Sydney? Ridiculous stuff if true, North need players not marketing platforms. Very glad we overlooked Scott.

this club with Scott is slowly imploding, they thought they had it bad with Laidley, just wait to see the damage Scott leaves behind. :nopity

Baloo said:
Scott and North are doing and saying whatever they can to get as much media exposure as possible. They need to be careful because I think they are rapidly reaching the point where people are going to get sick of hearing Scott's/North's view on everything.

So right. Sometimes you can actually see the exact moment when the tide turns and people are officially sick of you. Overexposure is a killer.

GoodOne said:
Rugby recruits don't come cheaply. $1mill a year I hear.

Someone needs to tell Scott that he probably thinks it $1 mill over 10 years.

He probably thinks that the AFL will pay for them like they have with GC17 & GWS

Unlikely given they don't need a marketing role for a league player in Melbourne

Could North Melbourne actually afford one?

Mind would be funny to see them pay half their salary cap to one player.

in fairness to scott he although he'd love to have one he didn't mention they are looking at signing a player as high calibre as hunt and falou

you'd think we'd look at a convert too if we thought they were good enough to play

The kangas should be looking for guys that can actually play footy, not worry about looking for a rugby player.

Their senior core is horrendous.

IanG said:
Why? Do they need more exposure in Sydney? Ridiculous stuff if true, North need players not marketing platforms. Very glad we overlooked Scott.
As am I. He reminds me of Terry:

Has a view on everything
Cobbling together wins against ordinary opposition yet getting routine floggings by the good sides
Looking for immediate competitiveness and wins at the expense of the long term to build a flagging membership

I am very happy thus far we went the way we have.

Agree, looking at how the two have performed so far this year I am so happy we landed Beavis.

I wonder how long before someone tries to recruit Samantha Stosur?

She'd make a great small defender.

They should recruit a supporter base from overseas. The Chinese do a very good rent-a-crowd.
Maybe North Melbourne can get together with Channel Nein and create the ultimate virtual player.

TOT70 said:
I wonder how long before someone tries to recruit Samantha Stosur?

She'd make a great small defender.

Forget that lets go for Jennifer Hawkins :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jennifer.Hawkins.Miss.Universe.2004.jpg