jumper clashes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

jumper clashes

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
What a *smile* decision for Melbourne to wear a jumper that in fact made it closer to st kikda, they had white and red, in fact I thought gws was playing.
Common sense that melbournes traditional jumper is not a clash with saints, but sundays jumper certainly was.

common sense? doesn't apply to the AFL. I think they are moving closer to 'Home' & 'Away' strips. most of the so called clashes are rubbish!!

I thought yesterdays Melbourne jumper looked a bit like St Kilda's clash strip they wear.

jokershoppe said:
What a person decision for Melbourne to wear a jumper that in fact made it closer to st kikda, they had white and red, in fact I thought gws was playing.
Common sense that melbournes traditional jumper is not a clash with saints, but sundays jumper certainly was.

Good call. I had real trouble deciphering between the 2 clubs.

If you have people employed to detect "clashes" it's no surprise they do and enforce a change. Seems they then go to lunch and update their LinkedIn profile for the rest of the week (eg I am a decisive decision maker) as their KPI does not extend to assessing whether or not the "alternate strip" clashes too.

jokershoppe said:
What a person decision for Melbourne to wear a jumper that in fact made it closer to st kikda, they had white and red, in fact I thought gws was playing.
So in an attempt to make the jumpers clash less, they've actually wound up creating one that didn't previously exist? Gold!

Eddy a few years ago was asked why all the fuss with changing your traditional jumper, and his reply was brilliant, he said for marketing and brand identification purposes you need high continuity with your image, and if you think of all the jumpers, richmond, essendon, collingwood come to mind with easy identification of jumper image meaning higher chance of regonition with kids, these 3 clubs have been active in this area.