Join PINTA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Join PINTA

A new campaign is being formed under the name of PINTA.

Polak Is Not The Answer.

Good luck to the bloke, but he just does not kick goals. Surely if we can 'blood' so many midfielders for experience, we can do the same for a young tall?

At least we are trying with Rance and Astbury, but I think Post or Gourdis (though he is going better down back) should get a look soon. Griffiths too if he is fit.

well I hate to say it, but Id much rather him than Simmonds...

At least he can actually take a grab, which Simmonds cant

Polak in front of him anyday

they both cant kick But at least polax creates a contest

Ghost of Punt Road said:

Polak Is Not The Answer.

Good luck to the bloke, but he just does not kick goals. Surely if we can 'blood' so many midfielders for experience, we can do the same for a young tall?

At least we are trying with Rance and Astbury, but I think Post or Gourdis (though he is going better down back) should get a look soon. Griffiths too if he is fit.

PINTA should read HINTA ;)

Ghost of Punt Road said:

Polak Is Not The Answer.

What a joke of a thread, Polak's game was fine on the weekend for a bloke who hasn't played senior footy for so long, taking aim at him after that game with this PINTA bs is laughable. He provided a target and his first half was very good on the wing. He may not be there next year but give the bloke a chance to prove himself.

Tiger_4_Life said:
What a joke of a thread, Polak's game was fine on the weekend for a bloke who hasn't played senior footy for so long, taking aim at him after that game with this PINTA bs is laughable. He provided a target and his first half was very good on the wing. He may not be there next year but give the bloke a chance to prove himself.
No reason he will not be there next year. We r hardly verflowing with big bodies.

So his accuracy in front of goal is not great but his work around the ground in a ala Benny Gale role was very good IMO.

His overhead and below knee level abiilty marking and his mobility were excellent.

He has come a long way...realistically noone thought he would be back.

If he can continue to improve no reason he cant fill a floating ruck role next season as we search for a decent big man.

Jeez, we have had to put up with Simmo the last 2 years...Polly would be a dramatic step up IMO.

Tiger_4_Life said:
thats right keep holding on to dead wood what richmond does best

funky said:

There's a massive difference between holding onto dead wood and having some depth in the team. I'd say there's a fair chance that the Kings, Hislops, Thompsons and co will be shown the door at year's end. I don't place Polak in this category right now.

funky said:
KNOCK...KNOCK...is there a GRAIN of truth in what you are saying? Or are you HAMMERING nails into poor old Polly's coffin a bit too soon? I don't think it's time for him to walk the PLANK just yet. With our tall TIMBER ranks lacking a bit of late he might just be okay. Some things TEAK time. Rather him on the PINE than Simmo if you take my drift WOODn't you?

KnightersRevenge said:
KNOCK...KNOCK...is there a GRAIN of truth in what you are saying? Or are you HAMMERING nails into poor old Polly's coffin a bit too soon? I don't think it's time for him to walk the PLANK just yet. With our tall TIMBER ranks lacking a bit of late he might just be okay. Some things TEAK time. Rather him on the PINE than Simmo if you take my drift WOODn't you?

Great call :clap :clap

Tigers of Old said:
One thing is for sure Polly will/should get another game next week.

Another playing for his future.

Yep. He along with plenty others who aren't apart of our future will get games next week.

Certainly don't think anything will save him though as he just ain't good enough. Hasn't been good enough over the 8 years he's had an AFL career, won't change now.

Played ok on the weekend for the first game back in a while
Much better than Simmonds, let him play out the year

I can actually see a role for Polak as a linkman, a bit like Richo used to do, run down to the wing or HBF to receive the kicks out of defence. His disposal is good, and marking okay.

I really don't see him as a forward, and our defence really needs people to pass to when they look up under pressure.

Polak on one wing and Riewoldt down the other would really help.