Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

French Tiger said:
What a story. Great to see him interviewed after the game on Fox with Dermie

jeez I would love to see that.

Dermie has been Jakes 2nd biggest fan since day 1.

Great game last night. The turn around in this blokes career is just remarkable. A credit to him and the club.

And he is just about the best set shot goal kicker in the comp at the moment. We could do worse than have him work with the playing list on this important skill. Riewoldt, Cotchin and Castagna the first students.

he doesn't miss. very happily surprised by him. that last goal was dead eye.

I keep thinking with Townsend that “after that game that’s it, he,ll disappear back to obscurity” but he keeps on. Well done.

Slowly becoming one of our most important players in the front half. Jones could have been so much more of a threat with all the high balls we were launching last night. His goal kicking is also a huge plus, probably our best set shot at the moment with Jack preferring to snap even from a decent angle.

artball said:
he doesn't miss. very happily surprised by him. that last goal was dead eye.
You're right and he makes it look easy.
He's so straight - his run in - ball drop - leg action. And it's all so balanced and smooth.

When your defensive forward is a brutal, uncompromising, mongrel who enjoys putting the hurt on blokes, you’re onto a good thing.

When he’s also a clinical, prolific, goal kicking weapon, you have something very special on your hands.

Long may his form continue!

mad_tiggy911 said:
Took the best full back to ever play the game to the cleaners last night.

:hihi

Excatly
Jones and silvagni were both in richmonds best last night.

He did make Jones look very ordinary...

Strong at the contest against supposedly the next best defender after Rance.... :rofl

Nup Jones is not even in the same ground.....

Tiger17 said:
He did make Jones look very ordinary...

Strong at the contest against supposedly the next best defender after Rance.... :rofl

Nup Jones is not even in the same ground.....

The media beat him up and all he is a very ordinary footballer...
He spent most of the night on his ass

after that dream run at the end of last year, I had a few doubts he could back it up ,

Im a believer now

I do wish our captain, coaches and other players would stop starting with ‘hes Not the most skilful player but..’ miles ahead of some of the high draft picks on our list and skilled enough for half his touches to be goals.

fastin bulbous said:
I do wish our captain, coaches and other players would stop starting with ‘hes Not the most skilful player but..’ miles ahead of some of the high draft picks on our list and skilled enough for half his touches to be goals.

He's certainly skilled at the set shot for goal. Possibly the most skilled in the comp.