Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Brettstigers said:
I loved his game yesterday.

I liked towners game too.

his stats wernt great but he was either in the grip of a footy-psychosis (was white line fever until they gave it a fancy name in the manual of mental disorders), or he was under instructions to hurt at

every opportunity,

What shocked me and I tried to post it - was that I have never seen anyone repeatedly hit a pack at speed and not for the purpose of tacking the ball or breaking the pack up but to absolutely nail the ball carrier and not like Lindsay Thomas either. Fairly and as hard as it is possible to do without getting done by the Tribunal.

You wonder why his stats are low and he looks a bit proppy at the end of the game - he's like a boxer who has gone eight rounds by the fourth quarter. Incredibly physical and energy sapping game style to sustain.

zippadeee said:
No chance. His presence in that forward 50 alongside Castagna are 90% the reason we are on top.
Ask Nathan jones

The brutal tackle on Jones was the best thing he did all night but I have seen him play a lot better than he did yesterday.
Lever had his best game of the year too BTW & thought he had an impact on the game after several quiet weeks.

Yes. The jones tackle was a thing of beauty.
Loved seeing thst prick get dumped. Thought we treated him with contempt last night.
He was seething at the end.
Wanker.

Be a bit more generous to Jones.
They insulted him by appointing Viney as the co-captain after Jones' efforts for their club.
last night all they talked about was how great they will be when Viney comes back.

I'd be insulted if I got that treatment too.

For all of his physical pressure, Towner must convert his goal scoring opportunities and that miss at the City end was 2-fold initially dropping the mark and missing from point blank range.

Kick the goal Towner !!

I actually liked his game last night. Crunched packs and provided a contest and then hurt his opponents. Did the 1%s

noticed him being as annoying as possible to lever when waiting for centre bounces, just pushing, tapping, knocking lever's arms...
Would hate him to ever play against us.
Should have had at least 2 goals himself, had a hand in multiple others. Keep him for the fear factor. That jones tackle will be seared into the minds of quite a few blokes.

Towner hits and hurts.
Opponents lose their nerve and eventually just start banging the ball out of defense.
Only loses his place if stops hurting opponents for mine.

There have been a few calls that his place in the team is at risk. My advice is go and watch the GF again, he was pivotal.

shad said:
There have been a few calls that his place in the team is at risk. My advice is go and watch the GF again, he was pivotal.
I don’t think there’s any posters who think Towner shouldn’t be in the 22, in fact I’d say his our favourite cult hero, however who goes out of the forward half when Caddy and Rioli come back into it ? Great position to be in