Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

bowden4president said:
It was fantastic. Had him lined up well before Jone took possession and then connected at the perfect moment!
Thought and hoped that might have finished Jones for the night - but fair play to him for keeping going. Must have hurt.

Very disappointed with Townsends game tonight , Did not really influence the game tonight and kicking was off but most disappointed that Lever actually walked off the ground tonight

turk-d-tiger said:
Very disappointed with Townsends game tonight , Did not really influence the game tonight and kicking was off but most disappointed that Lever actually walked off the ground tonight

Yep overall he's been struggling. Just a tad too slow which seems to be showing him out a bit.

What about the tackle on Jones early in the second quarter :eek:

Seriously hurt him. Towner is a beauty :hihi

Congrats to Towner for membership in the Almost Greatest Mark of All Time BY a Richmond Player Club.

Smoking Aces said:
He needs Caddy in the team. Similar game to the one against Hawthorn.

Yep, said it before the match. He and Caddy work really well together.

Have we had a better tackler , just needs a finger nail on em and he wraps em up.

Love Towner and there’s no doubt he offers so much more then just acurate goal kicking, however imagine a Lynch in his place

Did he kill the Melbourne captain?
Jones was wired up, imagine the noise that created. It would've been like a bus hitting him

zippadeee said:
Did he kill the Melbourne captain?
Jones was wired up, imagine the noise that created. It would've been like a bus hitting him

Extract of wind followed by solid brown pepples

Mr Brightside said:
Have we had a better tackler , just needs a finger nail on em and he wraps em up.

Love Towner and there’s no doubt he offers so much more then just acurate goal kicking, however imagine a Lynch in his place

Sloppy was pretty good but second to Towner

I loved his game yesterday. I know he didn't have his best stat game. I thought I counted three goal assists and did everyone see the second tackle on Jones. Jones actually got the ball away this time but it was like a mouse being hit be a striking snake - he took possession and Townsend lined him up and nailed him, again and at speed. He nailed Lever as well for old times sake. I can see Townsend not being able to hold off players like Higgins or Lynch for his spot forever and I will genuinely be upset if he is dropped.

I want Townsend to improve and hold his spot for the season. Why you ask, because if he doesn't and gets offered a good deal next year by another club do you really want to see Cotchin or Dusty being nailed by Townsend like Jones was?

Tigers of Old said:
Very poor last night overall. Could be in trouble when Caddy comes back.

No chance. His presence in that forward 50 alongside Castagna are 90% the reason we are on top.
Ask Nathan jones