Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

May not have got a lot of the ball or hit the scoreboard, however he may well have done his job in the coaches eyes . I think match ups will have a lot to do with how long he stays in, Brissy could be a good opportunity to see how Moore goes as the second tall, different type of second tall role, however may be a thought.

Though I think Towner is on borrowed time in some way, shouldn’t fix what’s not broke.

CC TIGER said:
May not have got a lot of the ball or hit the scoreboard, however he may well have done his job in the coaches eyes . I think match ups will have a lot to do with how long he stays in, Brissy could be a good opportunity to see how Moore goes as the second tall, different type of second tall role, however may be a thought.

Though I think Towner is on borrowed time in some way, shouldn’t fix what’s not broke.

Not sure a 22% disposal efficiency was in the job specification. Townsend has the torchlight on him now. Came in late last season under the radar. Will be interesting to see how he progresses this year. So far he has struggled other than in the first game against the now bottom of the ladder side Carlton.

Would suggest without Caddy in that forward set up he took a bit more heat and struggled with the extra responsibility. Townsend and Caddy are really a one two punch in their positions

wigglyworm said:
Would suggest without Caddy in that forward set up he took a bit more heat and struggled with the extra responsibility. Townsend and Caddy are really a one two punch in their positions

Astute call wriggly

Tigers of Old said:
Another quiet one. There’s too much pressure on positions to stay down for 2 weeks. Might be the one who makes way for Caddy’s return..

Has had 2 quite ones but I think he will benefit from Caddy returning

I WOULDN,T be dropping townsend with rioli still out,it lowers our defensive forward pressure too much.

Towners disposal count shouldnt have a bearing on his selection.

He is a very good marking target and is our most dependable shot at goal.

If he get s 3 shots inside 50 its most likely 2-3 goals, there is not many in the side with his conversion rate.

craig said:
Towners disposal count shouldnt have a bearing on his selection.

He is a very good marking target and is our most dependable shot at goal.

If he get s 3 shots inside 50 its most likely 2-3 goals, there is not many in the side with his conversion rate.

Yeah but after yesterday's game Georgie Porgie is.coming with a late run

Watching the game last night, he 's just looking very laboured. May he's just too slow but he didn't get to enough contests and his pressure overall (including pressure acts) was poor. Opposition definitely putting more time into him but of the current forward line I think his possie looks the most vulnerable.

Be happy for Towner to run around in the 2s on ball and get a bit a footy and get the confidence up. Give Moore or whoever a run in his place. Towner comes back last two games of the year when the weather comes good again.

jokershoppe said:
I WOULDN,T be dropping townsend with rioli still out,it lowers our defensive forward pressure too much.

His defensive pressure was very limited against Hawks, he's labouring. Only player to not lay a tackle and very low pressure acts. Our defensive pressure against the Hawks was very good overall. Caddy for Townsend might be a logical change.