Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

His stats are amazing. What's it now, 40 kicks for 21 goals in his career?

Ball use was rushed into forward 50. He didn't get the opportunities he normally does. No big deal, could easily kick 4 again next week.

DirtyDogTiger said:
7 games in a row. 41 kicks. 21 goals.
Extraordinary.

Bags of 4,5,6 versus lower sides.
1s & 2s v top 4 teams.

what about give aways? at least one to two a game. Double Extrordinary

Would Towner be the first man out of the forward line if a genuine second tall came in ? Or would we sacrifice a small ? I think I’m right saying our best working forward half is Jack, Rioli, Butler, Castagna, Townsend and a resting Dusty/ Caddy , ridiculous to think we won the flag with that set up but I’d still like another marking tall forward.

CC TIGER said:
Would Towner be the first man out of the forward line if a genuine second tall came in ? Or would we sacrifice a small ? I think I’m right saying our best working forward half is Jack, Rioli, Butler, Castagna, Townsend and a resting Dusty/ Caddy , ridiculous to think we won the flag with that set up but I’d still like another marking tall forward.

maybe. Jake and Caddy are effectively playing as talls. Moore might come in this week for Caddy.
If he does it will be a choice of Moore or Townsend the following week. or we drop a mid and play both Caddy and Townsend up the filed more.
i would be surprised if we went away from 3 smalls in the near future.

Brodders17 said:
maybe. Jake and Caddy are effectively playing as talls. Moore might come in this week for Caddy.
If he does it will be a choice of Moore or Townsend the following week. or we drop a mid and play both Caddy and Townsend up the filed more.
i would be surprised if we went away from 3 smalls in the near future.
I think your right Brodders, I think the 3 amigos is there to stay, the personnel may change but Jack and the 3 smalls are a lock, Dusty/Caddy/Cotch are a lock and as important as Towner is I think his first out if and it’s a big if a young tall steps up.

If we keep bombing it into the forward line as we did against the Crows we need another tall.
As teams will just play tall players and out mark us

CC TIGER said:

If Castagna has a substantial career he may be the first player to do so with his biggest weapon "forward pressure ". ... I look forward to being convinced this is possible.

Townso wouldn’t want too many repeats of Thursday or he might find himself in the early game sooner rather than later , gave us nothing , had a lot of mates though, either did butler, George or jack

Jake kicks 3 goals a game. thats 70 goals a year.

he also shakes the *smile* out of the people that need to be shook

hes a fixture, best 22, a lock, one of the first picked, a regular.

even if Moore or Balta do a Darcy Fogarty, Jake goes onto a wing.

Im not panicking on the other tall either. keep the band together.

Must stay in the team. He makes defenders look sideways. His finishing skills have also been excellent.

Can't blame him for losing. He never wastes a goal scoring opportunity. His form has been good for the 6-7 games previous.
Next! Conca McIntosh ellis x2