Jack was great but so were others | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack was great but so were others

glorydaysareback

Nice to have our glory days back at the Tigers!
Apr 18, 2004
Melbourne, Victoria
Jack was great, I just hope what doesnt get lost in all this was how good and how even the team effort was today. We had winners everywhere and it was the most confident Tiger perfromance I have seen in a long time. How great that is to see from a side so young.

One player who for some reason doesn't get the accolades he deserves is Brett Deliudio. Is he a vicitim of his own consistency? Every week he racks up 25+ plus possessions and usually they are high class on both sides of his body. He has been amongst our best in nearly every match this year. I love watching him play every week and he must be right up there amongst the leagues best now, cos if you can play his brand of football in a weak team, just imagine what he could be doing in a strong one.

Dustin Martin is unbeleivably good for a kid who has only played 10 games, he has an awesome future ahead of him. Chris Newman and Ben Cousins are both outstanding leaders and I for one hope Cuz gets another year. Our two young ruckman Vickery and Graham continue to develop and Shane Edwards is an unsung star. Our backline has been improving all year and Moore and McGuane take bigger strides every week.

The whole team are deserving of recognition and probably wont get as much as they should because of Jacks 10 goal haul. Jack was exciting, Jack was great and I am thrilled for him, just as much as the Tigers were great and exciting and I am thrilled for the whole squad.

Well done fellas and keep it up.

getbacktoglorydays said:
Shane Edwards is an unsung star.

Just wanted to highlight this part... always been a massive fan of Eddy and now he has players around him (chimp & Dusty) who are quick of mind and hand, he has team mates who are in line with his evasiveness.

His one percenters yesterday, especially his smothers and his dancing through traffic was a pleasure to watch... and now he has some team mates who dont remain stationary and flat footed, his moments of razzle dazzle work out and dont look like he is trying to do too much.

keep at it Eddy, lovin your work.

Agreed on Edwards. He was a very good player yesterday, after he had a couple of down/average weeks. Finally found his role it would seem.

Yup - Edwards was great, and has had an excellent season so far. Definitely growing as a player and his loping running style makes him deceptively quick.

Loved Shane's feed to Jack from the wrong side of the centre for one of his 10.

Ripplestick said:
His one percenters yesterday, especially his smothers and his dancing through traffic was a pleasure to watch... and now he has some team mates who dont remain stationary and flat footed, his moments of razzle dazzle work out and dont look like he is trying to do too much.

I also thought this. He opened up a lot of space yesterday as he drew in a couple of Eagles to chase him. That's why I gave him a vote yesterday played a great team game. And the biggest plus is he is still only 21.

I thought Vickery looked refreshed and agile yesterday,it`s the first time i`ve seen some real potential in him.

Edwards was fantastic,the best game i`ve seen him play.
He tries his guts out every week,those smothers were great,i counted at least 3 i think.
Also done some smart things with the ball and danced through traffic very nicely.
I think he`s won me over now.

I thought Mitch Farmer was good also.

That number 8 had a decent game too.

One of the commentators for the first time yesterday stated Deledio was one of the best running half backs in the league.

GEDS1 said:
One of the commentators for the first time yesterday stated Deledio was one of the best running half backs in the league.

And to think some on here throught he was being wasted there. He's a little like Goddard in terms of development and I think Hardwick recognised this step as important in Deledio's overall development. Helps a lot having Cotch and Dusty.

getbacktoglorydays said:
One player who for some reason doesn't get the accolades he deserves is Brett Deliudio. Is he a vicitim of his own consistency? Every week he racks up 25+ plus possessions and usually they are high class on both sides of his body. He has been amongst our best in nearly every match this year. I love watching him play every week and he must be right up there amongst the leagues best now, cos if you can play his brand of football in a weak team, just imagine what he could be doing in a strong one.

I've often wondered why the media hasn't embraced him. Having read a couple of odd printed quotes from Deledio, it occurred to me that perhaps he doesn't have much upstairs. The media loves its footballers to be personable.

The one player that stood out for me was Jake King. His commitment to the ball and man was outstanding. He was still showing all the aggression that we love? him for but none of the over zealous attitude. He gave frees away, as did the entire team, didn't complain just got on w/ the job. I've got a helluva lot more respect for the kid now

Collins, White, Conners, McGuane all had good games with them each doing some very nice work. Was especially pleased with Matty Whites kick into space for Nason. He quickly assessed the best option executed it with precision..dumb footballers don't do that.

Panzer VI said:
The one player that stood out for me was Jake King. His commitment to the ball and man was outstanding. He was still showing all the aggression that we love? him for but none of the over zealous attitude. He gave frees away, as did the entire team, didn't complain just got on w/ the job. I've got a helluva lot more respect for the kid now

Interesting to note he was amongst the best players.

MB78 said:
I also thought this. He opened up a lot of space yesterday as he drew in a couple of Eagles to chase him. That's why I gave him a vote yesterday played a great team game. And the biggest plus is he is still only 21.

Agree he played a great game. Wish he could kick properly though. Only kicks well across his body.

Our decision making has improved dramatically. I think the way we play the game has helped those less talented decision makers be able to make better decisions. Players like King, White and to a lesser extent Edwardes ( I think some times he tries to do to much). We are selecting who we are handballing the footy to more wisely instead of just dishing it off to the person standing closest to you

getbacktoglorydays said:
Jack was great, I just hope what doesnt get lost in all this was how good and how even the team effort was today. We had winners everywhere and it was the most confident Tiger perfromance I have seen in a long time. How great that is to see from a side so young.

Dustin Martin is unbeleivably good for a kid who has only played 10 games, he has an awesome future ahead of him. Chris Newman and Ben Cousins are both outstanding leaders and I for one hope Cuz gets another year. Our two young ruckman Vickery and Graham continue to develop and Shane Edwards is an unsung star. Our backline has been improving all year and Moore and McGuane take bigger strides every week.

The whole team are deserving of recognition and probably wont get as much as they should because of Jacks 10 goal haul. Jack was exciting, Jack was great and I am thrilled for him, just as much as the Tigers were great and exciting and I am thrilled for the whole squad.

Well done fellas and keep it up.

THREAD TITLE: Jack was great but so were others

Yeh....let's get lost in it.
Reality check.
Jack kicked 10.3. (63)
We won by what?
JACK WAS GREAT. NOBODY ELSE WAS AS GREAT. YOUR THREAD TITLE IS WRONG!!
Q.E.D
(Hope you guys trying to play down Jack's effort aren't the same guys that dribbled all over stumbling, fumbling, choking, yip ridden, wayward kicking Richo's efforts everytime he sneezed on the field)
::) ::) ::)

p.s: Edwards is a downhill skier.