It has just occurred to me | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It has just occurred to me

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Just sayin the hawks were too good and wanted it more and played with ruthless efficiency....mind you Nic Nat and Josh Kennedy were a bit of a letdown.Having said that Ive just leant that hawthorn and Richmond have never played off in a granny.....or for that matter a final.Ive just had a dekko at the footy records and this takes me aback :eek:

Records are made to be broken. Fingers crossed for next year nitrous. :gotigers

Finals and if you look into history Brisbane went for the 4 peat and were beaten by a continual finals failure, just saying ;)

I looked at the list of hawks premierships over the years and it just occurred to me, we are one of the few teams hawthorn hasn't beaten in a grand final either ;D

Legends of 1980 said:
I looked at the list of hawks premierships over the years and it just occurred to me, we are one of the few teams hawthorn hasn't beaten in a grand final either ;D
Thats cos we've never played them in any final, ever. Looking forward to that day coming and the Tiges knocking them off their perch.

Actually Rosy I,m feeling good about next year....at least my Tigers have played such good footy as I,ve seen in the the last 20 years......I,m hanging in there......God save us if the Tigers get into a grand final.....Melbourne will be like the Cauldron......:)

Although, I'm a bit worried this generation of players may top out where we are at present.

I salivate at the thought of knocking them off in a final, or better still a GF. Normally I'm gracious in victory. Against them I would be intolerable. Especially if we were the party poopers to kill off their four peat and send a few of their players into retirement. Would love to see their fair weather, arrogant supporters, whom had already pencilled in no.4 heading for the exits early :ner. All my footy torment of a childhood growing up in the 80s would be cleansed in one match. ;D