Issac Heeney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Issac Heeney

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Isaac Heeney is one of the most unusual players of all time. Not the Isaac Heeney up until the end of 2023. That guy had limits. But the Isaac Heeney of 2024, the Heeney that went ape and became arguably the best player in the game.

Longmire has been sending Heeney to stoppages on and off for years. To stretch him. To develop a marking small HFF into a strike mid.

In comparison to his previous nine years, 2024 Heeney numbers are off the charts. This player had been roughly consistent. Until this year.

He's gone from peak 20 touch player to 26. He's gone from peak 3.5 Cl player to nearly 6. He got 3.45 in 2017 and nothing like that since. He got 15 average disposals in 2023.

I started this thread because I was sensing the narrative that Issac Heeney was always a midfielder. But having looked at the numbers I'm surprised by the improvement. The numbers are amazing. I'm putting it down to sudden maturity.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Isaac Heeney is one of the most unusual players of all time. Not the Isaac Heeney up until the end of 2023. That guy had limits. But the Isaac Heeney of 2024, the Heeney that went ape and became arguably the best player in the game.

Longmire has been sending Heeney to stoppages on and off for years. To stretch him. To develop a marking small HFF into a strike mid.

In comparison to his previous nine years, 2024 Heeney numbers are off the charts. This player had been roughly consistent. Until this year.

He's gone from peak 20 touch player to 26. He's gone from peak 3.5 Cl player to nearly 6. He got 3.45 in 2017 and nothing like that since. He got 15 average disposals in 2023.

I started this thread because I was sensing the narrative that Issac Heeney was always a midfielder. But having looked at the numbers I'm surprised by the improvement. The numbers are amazing. I'm putting it down to sudden maturity.
Its fitness for me. He's that type of power athlete that I think has been a mid, but his body hasn't allowed him to stay there for long, hence why he's been predominantly a forward, then a mid. Reckon this year was the fitest we've ever seen him, and has resulted in that transformation of much higher levels of midfield time.

Reactions: 2 users
Its fitness for me. He's that type of power athlete that I think has been a mid, but his body hasn't allowed him to stay there for long, hence why he's been predominantly a forward, then a mid. Reckon this year was the fitest we've ever seen him, and has resulted in that transformation of much higher levels of midfield time.
I personally believe it's mostly Horse's reluctance to play him midfield as he probably thought it was a strength of theirs and he was needed more forward. I've read Swans fans not being happy he and Mills don't get played in the guts enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Unbelievable player. Was always immensely skilled but went through a period of constant injury which is when he was shifted forward and never really found his way back into the midfield permanently until this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Remember, as an eighth year player Isaac Heeney averaged 17 disposals a game. (2023) Much like the year before. (2022.) He has been sound almost every year. He is a sound player, overall.

Huge 2024. I'm sorry he missed the Brown low.

I'm going to research all time for improvement like Heeney's in 2024. He's been incredible. GF looming.