intra-observations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

intra-observations

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
some observations from the match:
Hilton-played in the backline and did some nice things even a good aerobic stumble in the middle which would have tested his shoulder.
Rogers-seemed early to have a tagging role on coughlan to test both out.workmanlike game.
Ottens-mirror image to 2002 today.1st hitout only excuse.
Chaffey-spent time in the middle.
Pettifer-started on the wing and while he was able to get the ball his disposal let him down and yes he,s still doing the "hewitt tantrum"
Stafford-seviceable in the ruck. 3 times in a row he tapped to krakour.
Bowden-was busy all around the ground.
Richo-dominated like he should when against poor chubba.still pretty quiet by richo standards.didnt play the last qtr.
Fiora-probally close to best on ground until he was rested.hopfully a sign of things to come.
Cameron-one of the most pleasing things today.cameron back to his old self.
Rodan-quiet start but got into the game.very talkative on the field.
King-played in the backline on krakour for a bit.memo danny dont even think about it ;D
Biddescombe-actually played well today.
Houlihan-a nice snap but thats about it.
Coughlan-this kid is in for a big year.very impressive altho his kicking needs a bit more omffff.
Krakour-continued on from last week.had time in the middle.took a nice one hander over king.
Hyde-quite suprised with him.did some nice things.
Tivendale-amazing what a kick up the butt does.was one of the best today.
Mills-very quiet on the hlf-fwd line.
Mcgrath-a couple of good things but still a way off from being given a run in the seniors.
Newman-solid game without being outstanding.
A.Kellaway-poor chubba had his handsful with richo but converted to a fwd in the last and kicked a couple of good goals. ironically wearing richo,s jumper.
Vardy-why is this guy still on our list?

Recruits
not sure who was who but here goes.
Johnson-can see why we chased him.an absolute class act.i said it in the capts thread this bloke has captain written all over him.
Sidthorpe-i like the look of this kid.didnt look to overawed today.
Fleming-i must say this kid can burst packs was very impressive early with a couple of goals until coughlan pounded him into the dirt with a tackle.possibly concussed.
Shir-was no 38 i think.took a few good grabs.
*smile*-not sited that much but will get better once he picks up the tempo.however he,s very good below his knees for his size.

overall you could see it was our 1st hitout.the boys seemed to show a bit more endevour i must say.

I don't know the proper protocol of copying from other sites, (I have e-mailed offering to link TigerTalk to here but haven't got a reply) so I hope DC who posted this report doesn't mind me ripping it off but it made me laugh out loud.
Some things never change. ;D

and it took Richo less than 10 minutes into the
match to remind us of his discipline when he told the field umpire to "F...
OFF!", (yes, we heard that clearly from the opposite side of the ground),
after giving away an obvious deliberate OOB free kick. This resulted in a
50M penalty...........

i remember the 50mtr penalty but didnt know who or why. now i know and no suprise who :-/.
in the 3rd qtr richo was pretty vocal for the midfielders mucking around with it in the centre instead of kicking it long.
somethings never change.

Shir didn't play, he was sitting with Holland, Nicholls and Co.

Bill Nicholls had a limp, so did Hall.

Zantuck, *smile*, and D Kellaway were not there.

Kelvin Moore did play, but it was hard to work out who he was because there were two young tallish redheads playing. One was wearing 38, the other 37.

Shulz reminds me of a young David swartz.

Shir didn't play, he was sitting with Holland, Nicholls and Co.

Bill Nicholls had a limp, so did Hall.

Zantuck, *smile*, and D Kellaway were not there.

Kelvin Moore did play, but it was hard to work out who he was because there were two young tallish redheads playing. One was wearing 38, the other 37.

Shulz reminds me of a young David swartz.  
lets hope thats all shultz reminds you of when in comes to swartz.

I heard Richo do that.... and a few quarters later he tried another variation on telling the umpy where to go when in almost the same spot he said.. get ......
He rolled his head a few times and appeared to be gettin frustrated.
Another thing that made me laugh was A Houlihan getting all upset and vocal about delivery and over-use of handball. Go and get the bloody thing yourself man!!

sounds like It went well,good to hear.I really should of gone to the intra club match (I went last year at Optus Oval) - I wish I did :'( oh well.

what was the weather like? one of the reasons I didn't go to the game along I live about 2 hours from Melbourne and it was on a Friday.

oh I was just wondering witch Tigers team won? anyone know? ;)

sounds like It went well,good to hear.I really should of gone to the intra club match (I went last year at Optus Oval) - I wish I did :'( oh well.

what was the weather like? one of the reasons I didn't go to the game along I live about 2 hours from Melbourne and it was on a Friday.

oh I was just wondering witch Tigers team won? anyone know? ;)

Hiya SN and welcome to Punt Road End.

Sounds like the side with Kane Johnson in it won. At least everyone could walk off at the end of the game with their favourite theme song playing ;).

Hiya SN and welcome to Punt Road End.

Sounds like the side with Kane Johnson in it won. At least everyone could walk off at the end of the game with their favourite theme song playing  ;).

Hi thanks for the welcome mt but I'm not new around here.I've been around here and Roar Power for well over a year now.Rosy would know be as mememe though I've rearly posted :D

ok.haha,yeah.hopefully the Richmond theme song will be playing after alot more games this year.

Rosy would know be as mememe though I've rearly posted :D

Welcome sn....Now you're off to a good start keep the posts coming, ha.
Seeya in the chatroom. :)

Welcome sn....Now you're off to a good start keep the posts coming, ha.
Seeya in the chatroom.  :)

tar rosy.ha,yeah I will ;)

yep I'll be in the chat room on monday nights when the footy season starts :)