Internationl Rules Side 2016 vs Ireland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Internationl Rules Side 2016 vs Ireland

Yeah, i thought it stopped when the irish got tired of losing

Baloo said:
Yeah, i thought it stopped when the irish got tired of losing
I thought they stopped because we keep throwing cut lunches.

Elmer said:
I thought they stopped because we keep throwing cut lunches.

Fair enough, let me rephrase that

Yeah, i thought it stopped when the irish got tired of being beaten all the time

Why does this pointless exercise still continue?

Use a Sherrin instead of a soccer ball for once and see how it goes.

tigerdave said:
Why does this pointless exercise still continue?

Use a Sherrin instead of a soccer ball for once and see how it goes.
An Irish journalist suggested that to Leigh Matthews one year when they had a win against us. Matthews response was that the Irish wouldn't even touch it if we did that, and I think he's right. I think it should be scrapped too. There appears to be very little interest here in it.

Can't just abandon it n ruin an excuse for an all expenses paid overseas *smile* up. Guess Fletch has one last chance at a farewell game n celebratory lap, even if it is over in Ireland. FFFFARCICLE.

TigerMasochist said:
Can't just abandon it n ruin an excuse for an all expenses paid overseas p!ss up. Guess Fletch has one last chance at a farewell game n celebratory lap, even if it is over in Ireland. FFFFARCICLE.
Was it even played last year? I can't recall it at all.

Would be better to send a team to the US, and spread the word of the game. Already quite a few teams there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Australian_Football_League

I genuinely see no point in this exercise. Would not have a clue as to the results of the last few series' that have been played.

Tames said:
Would be better to send a team to the US, and spread the word of the game. Already quite a few teams there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Australian_Football_League

It's the National Championships this weekend. Some AFL players are over there for it.