inside football?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

inside football??

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
After our break-through win against Port, I thought we would be on the cover of Inside Fooseball. But no luck.
Then surely after Jack's great game, I was sure HE would be smiling out at us. But no, instead we get Demons building a dynasty garbage. (and they didn't even win) What do we have to do to make front page? I wonder if when we win the Premiership, they would put the losing team on. If Jonathan Brown had of kicked TEN. I am sure he would be on the front. It seems to me that ALL the media hate us.

I don't mind the us against them ethos of the media.

I like us keeping a low profile. We seemed to be keeping a lower profile in the media this year.

It'll make us stronger in the long run with every barstard against us! :hihi

sashback said:
I don't mind the us against them ethos of the media.

I like us keeping a low profile. We seemed to be keeping a lower profile in the media this year.

It'll make us stronger in the long run with every barstard against us! :hihi

Pieman said:
After our break-through win against Port, I thought we would be on the cover of Inside Fooseball. But no luck.
Then surely after Jack's great game, I was sure HE would be smiling out at us. But no, instead we get Demons building a dynasty garbage. (and they didn't even win) What do we have to do to make front page? I wonder if when we win the Premiership, they would put the losing team on. If Jonathan Brown had of kicked TEN. I am sure he would be on the front. It seems to me that ALL the media hate us.

Richmond fear is strong in the media.

I couldn't even count on one hand the media who actually give us a rap.

99 percent Richmond haters.

I wonder why they hate us so much?

There is a big tinge of envy in that hatred too.

LOL@ the media saying West Coast are the worst team in the comp because we beat them trying to make us look like we haven't achieved anything.

Only a week before The Eagles were not far off beating The Cats.

Media,media,media wear that chip on your shoulders well because it will be getting bigger soon. :hihi

smasha said:
LOL@ the media saying West Coast are the worst team in the comp because we beat them trying to make us look like we haven't achieved anything.

Only a week before The Eagles were not far off beating The Cats.

Media,media,media wear that chip on your shoulders well because it will be getting bigger soon. :hihi

Yeah great call Smasha, 4 weeks ago we were the worst team since Fitzroy all of a sudden the media are pegging West Coast is the worst team and discussing that we have a future? Must be a great job where you can change your opinion weekly and not be accountable for statements you make in the recent past.

Tiger_4_Life said:
Must be a great job where you can change your opinion weekly and not be accountable for statements you make in the recent past.

Outrageous claim - I read on another thread that that journalists are qualified and held accountable to a higher degree of ethics. :)

Tiger_4_Life said:
Yeah great call Smasha, 4 weeks ago we were the worst team since Fitzroy all of a sudden the media are pegging West Coast is the worst team and discussing that we have a future? Must be a great job where you can change your opinion weekly and not be accountable for statements you make in the recent past.

change 'opinions' to 'rules' and 'statements' to 'actions'

and you have Demestos and his merry men

RFC not KFC said:
Outrageous claim - I read on another thread that that journalists are qualified and held accountable to a higher degree of ethics. :)

Wow, that thread really got under your skin huh.

Don't be too surprised about this. russell holmesby is the editor and he seems to have a hatred of all things yellow and black. I bought it today and was very surprised he didn't have a go at us for whatever reason on '3 things we learnt this week.' He seems to every few weeks.

IanG said:
Wow, that thread really got under your skin huh.

Not in the slightest, we're all allowed to have an opinion - even people like you who are wrong are entitled to be wrong.

RFC not KFC said:
Not in the slightest, we're all allowed to have an opinion - even people like you who are wrong are entitled to be wrong.

Perhaps if you actually made an argument to support your position instead of your constant sniping on unrelated threads we might see the error of our ways. ::)

Now...back on topic......

RFC not KFC said:

Nice to see you metering out sage advice from prior personal experience. 8)

Panthera tigris FC said:
Perhaps if you actually made an argument to support your position instead of your constant sniping on unrelated threads we might see the error of our ways. ::)

Now...back on topic......

Unrelated threads? Silly me thought the comment I responded to was about the integrity of journalism and accountability of this alleged profession. Let me read it again, oh what a surprise, that's exactly what it was. I think you should join the far queue.

Phar Ace said:
Nice to see you metering out sage advice from prior personal experience. 8)

Yes, my personal experience in dealing with people who are wrong has allowed me to be able to dole out advice to people like you. :-*

RFC not KFC said:
Unrelated threads? Silly me thought the comment I responded to was about the integrity of journalism and accountability of this alleged profession. Let me read it again, oh what a surprise, that's exactly what it was. I think you should join the far queue.

Unrelated in the sense that we were having this discussion within one thread and you feel the need to snipe about it on other threads. Not only that, but your decree of victory, without any attempt to counter the arguments made, but to snipe and belittle the posters that disagree with you is pure class on your part.

Just to spell it out for you: your premise that (1) gutter journalism exists and therefore (2) ethical standards in journalism are a joke, is a complete non-sequitur. There are many journalists out there with high ethical standards, just as there are journalists out there that are scum (IMO). Laughing at those journalists that might acutally be seeking to maintain higher standards seems odd to me.

Nowadays, only one issue of Inside Footy worth buying; the November issue.

Waste your time & money purchasing any other issue.

The embarresment in the media is shockingly obvious at the moment.

All the so called experts spruking that this would be the first winless year in a long time have been delivered a big old S#!T burger to eat and they're not really liking it.

Fact is now that we will more than likely finish higher than 16th.

Truth of the matter is that the media, with all their stupendous opinions, hate being wrong and try to shovel it under the carpet when they are. It's for this reason that I only VERY VERY rarely read any of these opinion peices.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Unrelated in the sense that we were having this discussion within one thread and you feel the need to snipe about it on other threads. Not only that, but your decree of victory, without any attempt to counter the arguments made, but to snipe and belittle the posters that disagree with you is pure class on your part.

Just to spell it out for you: your premise that (1) gutter journalism exists and therefore (2) ethical standards in journalism are a joke, is a complete non-sequitur. There are many journalists out there with high ethical standards, just as there are journalists out there that are scum (IMO). Laughing at those journalists that might acutally be seeking to maintain higher standards seems odd to me.

Do you understand the meaning of sniping? It's a phrase you've used on both threads in a manner that indicates you do not. Depending on the reference used a fairly standard definition is "one who shoots at people from a concealed place". You used the term on the "Caro" thread and I let it slide. Now you've raised it incorrectly again. Posting a comment on a thread on the main board is hardly a concealed place. If you think it is you would have been fairly poor at "Hide and Seek" as a child.

As for the gibberish about not countering any argument I find it laughable that you are so intent on defending journalism that you couldn't see the irony in quoting the ethical principles that "have" to be adhered to. Posting a link to quote these ethical standards and conveniently ignoring the ones that don't suit your point of view. Start at number 12, in particular with reference to Caro.

Belittling other posters- read your sarcastic opening comment to my first response in the Caro thread and ask yourself if you could possibly be considered to have done the same.

"Just to spell it out to you" - your whole argument is based around a "code of ethics" yet you seem to fail to understand that by not officially declaring you have a soft spot, an alliance, an allegiance, a membership - call it what you will, is completely unethical.

I've got to get back to my grassy knoll before someone finds me out here.

RFC not KFC said:
Do you understand the meaning of sniping?

It does read like you enjoy taking unnecessary pot shots - your not alone on here I guess, but the vehement nature is the surprise. Move on from grass knoll is my kindly suggestion............

Phantom said:
Nowadays, only one issue of Inside Footy worth buying; the November issue.

Waste your time & money purchasing any other issue.

BINGO! that's when i buy it too Phanto! Mr Main is becoming largely irrelevent as fish and chips wrapping.