In 3 years from now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

In 3 years from now

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
I am growing happier and more confident in our new structure every week.

These kids are going to grow together under a strong coaching staff, with rigid processes and leadership.
They are starting to play a good one on one brand that revolves around tackling and pressure.
These kids will gel, I can see it now, they will become a tight unified unit
We will get used to seeing a team that is.......................
Well drilled and hard working
Tough and uncompromising
Skilled, yes skilled, confidence brings out the skills in players.
Team focused and unselfish

So I make my prediction now

I predict now that we will get better with every game and withing 3 years we will be playing finals.
Dimma will get a contract extension next year.

Lets get positive people and enjoy these times, we are going to see this team rise.

jamo said:

These kids are going to grow together under a strong coaching staff, with rigid processes and leadership.
They are starting to play a good one on one brand that revolves around tackling and pressure.
Tough and uncompromising

I predict now that we will get better with every game and withing 3 years we will be playing finals.

Lets get positive people and enjoy these times, we are going to see this team rise.

Great post, i agree with you, i think we're onto a good thing

jamo said:

Tough and uncompromising

Let's hope so, once that consistency comes and we can compete with the big bodies we'll become a force to be reckoned with. As you say though, we are years away but there were glimpses last night, it's just a shame that some players (ala JR) didn't have their heads on straight to keep it together when we were being challenged.

It'll take time, but as Patrick Smith, and I cannot believe I'm agreeing with the man, said if the club do not compromise on and off the field they will prosper. I personally believe it will take more than 3 years, but at long last they do seem to be on the right track.

3 years from now I hope I can look back to Season 2010, the year that began the resurgence of our great football club.

In the first quarter last night i saw more positives to back up your post than at any other time in the last thirty years. We were aggresive, hunted in packs, had system, a game plan, a high level of skill, great heart, fantastic moral and kicked goals as a consequence.

Certainly wasn't the Richmond we have seen in years past.

Bring on the future it looks good.

I reckon I was actually 12 because I remember our only decent coacvh that I have seen (Northey) got us young tigers up and about. I really thought after 95 we woulda won a flag with what we had. We had no Richo and I thought when he came back after his knee we woulda made it.

So i dunno if you a smart allic geoff, but yeah I woulda thought after a season when rogers, daffy and merenda were our main men, anyone who knew anything about richmond woulda expected more in the next 3 years with our champ Richo returning...

Crumpet_Avenger said:
I reckon I was actually 12 because I remember our only decent coacvh that I have seen (Northey) got us young tigers up and about. I really thought after 95 we woulda won a flag with what we had. We had no Richo and I thought when he came back after his knee we woulda made it.

So i dunno if you a smart allic geoff, but yeah I woulda thought after a season when rogers, daffy and merenda were our main men, anyone who knew anything about richmond woulda expected more in the next 3 years with our champ Richo returning...

proof of what sh!t coaching and planning can do to a club

Crumpet_Avenger said:

I was praising your knowledge at that age, no need get paranoid, anyway Daffy & Merenda in my book were no hopers.

i thought the duck was a good flanker until the new coach tryed to turn him into a midefielder.
he didnt have the tank or the accurate kicking to kick to a lead.....good goal sneak thats it

jamo said:

Tough and uncompromising

I love your optimism and in between games I can see what you are saying, but on game day I can't see the forest for the trees and think we are a complete rabble.

The key to everything you say coming to fruition is Dimma and co not deviating from the plan we are seeing play out each week.