Im wondering about journo,s and the Herald sun . | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Im wondering about journo,s and the Herald sun .

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Im living up here hoping that there will be direct flights to and from Melbourne to Hervey Bay because i wanna smack out a few journos.....i was reading the match report and some clown was saying there were clangers and the game was *smile* and the half time game was more entertaining.....problem is....even though I was at a 21st the girl in question let me look at the game...i thought it was open...attacking and Richmond were finding targets which has been a sore point for years and we kicked 15 goals.....at the risk of sounding ignorant are there some journos who are addicted to kicking richmond when they are down that they cant give credit where its due ? And this is after quarters cracked a sad because Jack wouldnt talk to him after we folgged wet toast weagles...... Hmmmmmm i need counselling.... ???

ToraToraTora said:
I thought the Bears dragged us down to their level.

They definitely forced us to kick & handball backwards a number of times from the second quarter onwards. Yeah we had a few clangers but the boys seem to bounce straight back from those now.

My main gripe with journalist is how they have infiltrated the football shows/panels.
Let them write their articles, and nothing else!!
The shows without them are are so much better for mine.

couldnt agree more Nitro. Me and tigersnake were at the game and it was highly entertaining. We read the reports about it being terrible to watch and reckon some lazy *smile* brisbane supporting journo has had a whinge about the standard and they have all just typed it up to save themselves some work in writing a serious analysis about how Hardwick is rebirthing this great club with a blend of SERIOUS young talent and getting second stringers to punch above their weight.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They definitely forced us to kick & handball backwards a number of times from the second quarter onwards. Yeah we had a few clangers but the boys seem to bounce straight back from those now.
Agree

anyone done the superfooty reader's survey on the Hun website? Another load of tripe served up by Hun "journos". How is J. Brown considered in the top 10 players of the AFL right now??? ???

(but if it wins me free finals tickets..... :-X)

tigergollywog said:
couldnt agree more Nitro. Me and tigersnake were at the game and it was highly entertaining. We read the reports about it being terrible to watch and reckon some lazy *smile* brisbane supporting journo has had a whinge about the standard and they have all just typed it up to save themselves some work in writing a serious analysis about how Hardwick is rebirthing this great club with a blend of SERIOUS young talent and getting second stringers to punch above their weight.

Think we had a similar view of the game as you did byGolly, and we did mentioned a couple of times it was like Keystone Cops from both sides. It was entertaining - for a richmond supporter (I'm one too), but i reckon if you had no emotional attachment to the game, it would have looked pretty ordinary - a far cry from any Geelong / StKilda dished up in Round 2.

Put Black, Brown, McGrath, Adcock and Drommond back in Brisbane's side (and pi$$ of Fev) and we would have stuggled I think.

But the game was a step forward for the Tiges and you can only win against who they put up.

nitrotiger said:
.....problem is....even though I was at a 21st the girl in question let me look at the game...Hmmmmmm i need counselling.... ???

Nitro, I fail to see any issues here?? A girls 21st b'day means heaps of chicks running around with UDL's in hand and young bucks like yourself looking to cut one from the heard...and the b'day girl let you flick on the telly to watch some of the game...I wish I had your problems ;D ;D

Bur seriously, there is a real problems with sports & political journo's in particular. Even though they are meant to be impartial, they let there bias come through all the time and in most cases are ultra lazy and don't even try to offer any insight, mainly because they are too stupid to be able to offer any.

Yes there were mistakes, but that was because it was a fierce contest played at a pretty frenetic pace. Were we hacks who fell across the line? Not at all, we played a good brand of footy and kicked over 100 points. I don't remember too many out and out clangers from the Tigers.

Anyway, back to the 21st...please tell more ;)

Ghost of 29 said:
Nitro, I fail to see any issues here?? A girls 21st b'day means heaps of chicks running around with UDL's in hand and young bucks like yourself looking to cut one from the heard...and the b'day girl let you flick on the telly to watch some of the game...I wish I had your problems ;D ;D

Bur seriously, there is a real problems with sports & political journo's in particular. Even though they are meant to be impartial, they let there bias come through all the time and in most cases are ultra lazy and don't even try to offer any insight, mainly because they are too stupid to be able to offer any.

Yes there were mistakes, but that was because it was a fierce contest played at a pretty frenetic pace. Were we hacks who fell across the line? Not at all, we played a good brand of footy and kicked over 100 points. I don't remember too many out and out clangers from the Tigers.

Anyway, back to the 21st...please tell more ;)

Glad to hear it Ghost. I only heard it on the radio, and the negative reports have taken a bit of the gloss off the win for me.

There was some big clangers by both teams but they mentioned on the TV a few times that it was very dewy and slippery on the surface which a lot of the reports in the paper seem to forget. Overall I didn't think the game was a bad as a lot of journo made out, I was a bit annoyed reading that too.

tigerman said:
My main gripe with journalist is how they have infiltrated the football shows/panels.
Let them write their articles, and nothing else!!
The shows without them are are so much better for mine.

Agree, can not stand Barrett or Wheatley.... nerds of the highest order.

Azza said:
Glad to hear it Ghost. I only heard it on the radio, and the negative reports have taken a bit of the gloss off the win for me.

Azza, it was a great win earned the hard way. Every player had a crack and I dare say that every player left nothing in the tank. As Tigers supporters we should hold our heads up high for the next few weeks on that performance.

Ignore 95% of the footy media, they know less than the average PRE visitor.

I remember reading that and thinking it was pretty poor journalism and wondering if the guy who wrote it was an embittered Liars supporter.

SAF said:
There was some big clangers by both teams but they mentioned on the TV a few times that it was very dewy and slippery on the surface which a lot of the reports in the paper seem to forget. Overall I didn't think the game was a bad as a lot of journo made out, I was a bit annoyed reading that too.

very good point. My kids commented how slippery the turf was in our post match kick. I still maintain only one side looked crap and it wasnt us. Lazy Journos not watching the game.

Just going through Inside Football where they rate each player between 1 and 10. Some examples:

Buchanan - did a couple of useful things despite heavy head knock. 5
Collins - OK early, then only five disposals after half time. 5

Leuenberger - OK in the ruck but not a lot of influence at ground level. 5
Graham - worked hard at both ends of the ground. 6

Collier - among the better performers. 6
Riewoldt - an acceptable three-goal haul. 6

Raines - had twice as many handballs as kicks. 5
Connors - no major influence. 4

And so it goes on. Richmond totalled 119 to Brisbane's 114. Some harsh calls there I reckon.