I’m excited to be the underdog again and appreciate wins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I’m excited to be the underdog again and appreciate wins

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
3 Gloroius premierships after 30 years of pain. Unbelievable really and would take it every time to be in current state.

Now the circle looks like turning and genuinely excited for the new era, and this time I’m confident we’ll get it right, and won’t be as long.

I’m excited to see young draftees come in and become our next heroes, excited about a new coaching panel and excited about getting wins again (not just expecting it). Stick fat, get your memberships and get to the games !!! Go Tigers

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
3 Gloroius premierships after 30 years of pain. Unbelievable really and would take it every time to be in current state.

Now the circle looks like turning and genuinely excited for the new era, and this time I’m confident we’ll get it right, and won’t be as long.

I’m excited to see young draftees come in and become our next heroes, excited about a new coaching panel and excited about getting wins again (not just expecting it). Stick fat, get your memberships and get to the games !!! Go Tigers
Let's go Tigers
I'm really interested in what might unfold over the next few years
I'm rather optimistic, even if many aren't
Gotta believe

Reactions: 9 users
It will be a bit of a rollercoaster ride over then next couple of season with the old guard retiring and new blood arriving. We already have seen we have some shoots of bright talent emerging this season and with some good drafting and coaching our future will be bright so in the meantime I will take the lumps of an up and down set of results and continue to follow the Tigers

Reactions: 5 users
Feel the same.
Have been going to all games just to watch the new players develop.
LOoking foward to a whole new era

I was always nervous heading into a game in our golden run & people always coming up each week claiming they were going to knock us off which most times didn’t happen.

Now we are crap I look forward to each game with excitement & optimism & hoping to see which one of the younger players can stand up & be a player moving forward for us.

Reactions: 7 users
I was always nervous heading into a game in our golden run & people always coming up each week claiming they were going to knock us off which most times didn’t happen.

Now we are crap I look forward to each game with excitement & optimism & hoping to see which one of the younger players can stand up & be a player moving forward for us.
100% this. It’s interesting and perverse when you think about it. While we were the best I was a nervous wreck on game day and found the whole thing incredibly stressful (but rewarding of course).

Now I am relaxed and calm on game day, just happy to watch new players develop and improve.

Reactions: 7 users
100% this. It’s interesting and perverse when you think about it. While we were the best I was a nervous wreck on game day and found the whole thing incredibly stressful (but rewarding of course).

Now I am relaxed and calm on game day, just happy to watch new players develop and improve.
It was great to watch games and know we were always in them, though. Now, we’re back to hoping we don’t embarrass ourselves.

Reactions: 2 users

LFG @thegdog it’s the circle of life. We. Go. Again.

A mental note to self for the next few years......we recently won 3 premierships, we are rebuilding.

Very true what Dylan said in his retirement speech. To be a great team, you need to be a great club off the field. For a long long time we never had that. I trust us to get back up in a few years.

Reactions: 3 users

Yep completely the same. I was so stressed as well , looking back wish I could have relaxed & got to enjoy it more !

Reactions: 2 users
A mental note to self for the next few years......we recently won 3 premierships, we are rebuilding.
True fact and with that credit that other teams don't have (since the Dorks 10 years ago), we can feel a lesser pain in doing the rough roads again. Sam Edmund on SEN today spoke with a tinge of jealousy as Cartoon (his team) and the Bummers continue to fail, and Scumwood although winning 1 last season, has failed again this season just like the Dogs, Snowbourne and the Pussies.

Reactions: 1 users