If Greg Inglis goes to the Dons AFL to pay his $alary? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Greg Inglis goes to the Dons AFL to pay his $alary?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Reported in todays Sun that if Storm decide to release Inglis due to salary cap.
He may go to the Bummers. What p!ssed me off about the story is that the AFL has confirmed that it is prepared to pay some of his salary. :veryupset
For *smile* sake the Bummers are a top 8 side what help do they need from the AFL?
We are cellar dwellers and have been for many years and are too proud to ask for concessions but the AFL is prepared to pay a part of Inglis salary?
Stuff this we need to stand up ask the AFL for concessions in this years and next years draft.

I have no problem with him going to the Bombers but I have a serious problem with the AFL wanting to pay
some of salary as some marketing exercise.

Uncle said:
I have no problem with him going to the Bombers but I have a serious problem with the AFL wanting to pay
some of salary as some marketing exercise.

Exactly, is there actually a rule out there that says any club that can recruit a high profile league star then the AFL will foot the bill? Why isn't this the same for Irish recruits or basketball players that cross to our game from other codes and sports. There's no point in him going to a Melbourne team anyway.

He won't leave Storm it's just a scare tactic to get David Gallup sh!tting himself that another star is gonna bale 'cos of his pathetic running of the comp.

The AFL must be rolling around laughing watching these fools self implode!!

Chocco said:
We should make a play for him, would be awesome running out of the backline. This guy is seriously a freak.

Yep. Could get pinged for throwing the ball a bit, but it'd be worth the punt on a bloke with Richo-like size and athletisism and proven big-game champion player at state and international level.

btoz_01 said:
What p!ssed me off about the story is that the AFL has confirmed that it is prepared to pay some of his salary. :veryupset

if this really is true then i would expect my club to protest this.

premiers2010 said:
He won't leave Storm it's just a scare tactic to get David Gallup sh!tting himself that another star is gonna bale 'cos of his pathetic running of the comp.

The AFL must be rolling around laughing watching these fools self implode!!

gallup is a tool. he's a puppet of the sydney NRL dinosaurs who don't wanna expand their game outside of the northern states. anything he does is rarely ever in the best interests of the melbourne storm.

if the murmurings are true, the melbourne storm directors lodging an appeal against the salary caps sanctions have gallup over a barrel due to him being too swift in imposing the penalties against the storm. there is also a rumour of an upcoming four corners special thats gonna expose another 5 NRL teams for salary cap cheating.

In the papers they have the AFL talking about paying up to 50% of his salary due to the additional 'marketing' he would give them.

And if that is all true Ian, will make for interesting times ahead for the NRL!

Ian4 said:
if the murmurings are true, the melbourne storm directors lodging an appeal against the salary caps sanctions have gallup over a barrel due to him being too swift in imposing the penalties against the storm. there is also a rumour of an upcoming four corners special thats gonna expose another 5 NRL teams for salary cap cheating.

I hope your right on both of these Ian, and it's before the Storm directors go to court as they'll probably find that there's other clubs who were over by more than the reported $70,000 in 2007 that the Storm were when they won the flag.

Really is a sad pathetic admin in NRL.

K3 said:
In the papers they have the AFL talking about paying up to 50% of his salary due to the additional 'marketing' he would give them.

He'll be a great marketing tool to help break into the NRL stronghold of Melbourne. ::)

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
How can the Bummers bypass the draft to get this guy?

a club can sign anyone outside of the draft as long as they have not been affiliated with any aussie rules club for the past 4 years (this includes state leagues, suburban/country teams, etc). i believe this is how clubs sign irish players outside of the draft.

btoz_01 said:
Reported in todays Sun that if Storm decide to release Inglis due to salary cap.
He may go to the Bummers. What p!ssed me off about the story is that the AFL has confirmed that it is prepared to pay some of his salary. :veryupset
For *smile* sake the Bummers are a top 8 side what help do they need from the AFL?
We are cellar dwellers and have been for many years and are too proud to ask for concessions but the AFL is prepared to pay a part of Inglis salary?
Stuff this we need to stand up ask the AFL for concessions in this years and next years draft.

The Verucas always get what they want even in the MRP.