I wonder what Matty Rogers thinks.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I wonder what Matty Rogers thinks....

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
about Hardwicks persistance with Troy. As I remember it Matty finished on 199 with far better form on display than Simmonds who still has 4 to go.
Simmo is keeping Browne out which must be demoralizing for all concerned.
Time to make that change imo.

momentai said:
about Hardwicks persistance with Troy. As I remember it Matty finished on 199 with far better form on display than Simmonds who still has 4 to go.

not as pissed as knighta

momentai said:

Why drop him now - he's been deplorable for the last how many games? At least he is consistent....

momentai said:
I must have missed the year Hardwick was coaching Richmond when Rogers was playing. :help

Bizarre post. Momentai must be on the grog or something...

Simmo is only playing because there's no better alternative, and he serves as a battering ram and physical presence to protect the young guys.

Matthew Rogers was a slowing HFF, that had plenty of competition at the time.

Strange reasoning here.

Simmo is finished, which is what he personally acknowledged last year with intent to retire.

It's the club that asked him to stay on...

People should direct their ire towards the proper target.

velo said:
Strange reasoning here.

Simmo is finished, which is what he personally acknowledged last year with intent to retire.

It's the club that asked him to stay on...

People should direct their ire towards the proper target.

Now that is bizzare....is that any reason for his deplorable form?

Tubytiger said:
Now that is bizzare....is that any reason for his deplorable form?

Simmo knew he was done playing football. We all knew he was done playing football.

Club re-signs him anyway.

Was he somehow going to magically go back to being a younger, better, in-form player?

Simmo doesn't pick himself every week...

It is demoralizing for the team and the player to select an old slow unco geezer who has totally had it, rather than a bloke who may make it. I find it odd that anyone could see it differently.

so we build for the the future playing the kids but persist with a brocken down hack in simmo.....instead of blooding browne, or any plonker over 190m. an absolute joke.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
so we build for the the future playing the kids but persist with a brocken down hack in simmo.....instead of blooding browne, or any plonker over 190m. an absolute joke.

Browne, is he even 20 yet? He's barely playing well enough at Coburg according to reliable watchers there. Angus Graham is the logical one to stand up. He can't even get up under his own steam apparently - recent reports have Graham as "deplorable". TV is is going OK but needs lots of support. Next is Griffiths, yeah right. Westhoff is still rookied, but at least he'd rucked and played forward in the seniors for West Adelaide.

TV and Simmonds are simply what we've got for the moment. It's easy to put Simmo down, no brains required there. A bit harder though to find some reasonable justification whilst Browne and Graham find any form that might do. Yeah, use any putdown that might justify stepping aside a 14 possession, 4 mark and 16 hits against the reigning premiers.

Phar Ace said:
Browne, is he even 20 yet? He's barely playing well enough at Coburg according to reliable watchers there. Angus Graham is the logical one to stand up. He can't even get up under his own steam apparently - recent reports have Graham as "deplorable". TV is is going OK but needs lots of support. Next is Griffiths, yeah right. Westhoff is still rookied, but at least he'd rucked and played forward in the seniors for West Adelaide.

TV and Simmonds are simply what we've got for the moment. It's easy to put Simmo down, no brains required there. A bit harder though to find some reasonable justification whilst Browne and Graham find any form that might do. Yeah, use any putdown that might justify stepping aside a 14 possession, 4 mark and 16 hits against the reigning premiers.
So we sacrifice our year to put games into young kids in the midfield , forward and back but we waste time with a broken down hack in the ruck in his final season.

What would we lose by putting Browne into the ruck....can he b any more useless than Dea, whon we have persisted with in defence even though the kid is clearly three levels below AFL standard. .????

thejinx said:
Bizarre post. Momentai must be on the grog or something...

Simmo is only playing because there's no better alternative, and he serves as a battering ram and physical presence to protect the young guys.

Matthew Rogers was a slowing HFF, that had plenty of competition at the time.

Every one of his posts are bizarre

Some people don't get it. Developing players is not just about throwing them head first into the deep water of AFL footy. Only a few thrive that way. The reserves is where you develop guys who aren't ready for seniors, which most second year ruckmen aren't. Browne isn't. Dea was. Doesn't mean he's going to kill it from day one but they think he has the talent and the body to make it and want to give him a taste. Browne doesn't have the body yet for AFL ruck, or the tank. Gus does but he's like the mule with the spinning wheel. Simmo is playing an heroic role. I was going to type 'thankless' but those who count appreciate it.

Matty Rogers played 197 games. I was at his last and he looked good enough and probably deserved three more. But then Cambo pulled the pin on himself on 297. Always thought he was selfish. :p

velo said:
Simmo knew he was done playing football. We all knew he was done playing football.

Club re-signs him anyway.

Was he somehow going to magically go back to being a younger, better, in-form player?

Simmo doesn't pick himself every week...

Hawthorn or Port would've signed him. Ruckmen are in short supply at most clubs.