I have a theory... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I have a theory...

A

admin

.......tonight was a conspiracy to lull Collingwood into a false sense of security for round 1 so we can catch them unawares.
Surely was aren't as bad as we looked tonight? :'(
Go Tiges.

As pathetic as tonight was the last couple of years we got thrashed in our first pre season match but improved after that. So hopefully it is at least partly Melbourne being more ahead in their preparation than us.

.......tonight was a conspiracy to lull Collingwood into a false sense of security for round 1 so we can catch them unawares.

ha..I was thinking the same thing rosy. Collingwood got thrashed in their first wizz fizz game last year and lost the other two so it's no big deal to lose. What's a concern is the way we played was so similar to last year both physically and emotionally. Flat as and a no-brainer :-/. Only six weeks to snap out of it guys.

Surely was aren't as bad as we looked tonight? :'(
Go Tiges.

We were as bad as we looked alas,as for conspiracies,i dont know how the pies would feel but it certainly left me feeling very insecure about our chances this year.

Between a conspiracy and a stuff-up i'd go for the later every time. ;D

The biggest conspiracy took place before the game even started, with Richmond lulling its supporters into believing that they had made improvements on last year.

lol, i dont want to be so negative, its early days yet. and we were missing alot of of players from the team will hopefully take into round 1.

Well only an hour or so before coverage of the game starts here so I can hardly wait.

I think we have to bear in mind that we have started a little slower than last year and have only had one hit out prior to last night.

Quite a few of our players have also had a bit of delayed preparation and we do have some quality to come into the side. Am I being a little optomistic here??

Lets face it doing well in the preseason cup hasn't helped us in the past. Would rather being playing in the real thing than the wizard Cup Grandfinal. Let hope it can happen.

Hopefully the club use it has a bit of a reality check and can now concentrate on preparing for the real thing.