How is Browney going in the Ruck in the Burgers? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How is Browney going in the Ruck in the Burgers?

Philster

Tiger Rookie
Jan 29, 2007
Just wondering how big Brownie is going, he's a huge kid, and Id be hoping that sometime this year he'll get a callup, any news?

Played Rd1 2009, havent seen him since......??

He wont get a call up on yesterdays form. The Frankston ruck (dont know his name) was twice the player of Browne ( and 3 x of Graham). Didn't do much around the ground and when resting up forward did even less.

Dimma made a reference yesterday before the game on radio about the interchange bench and how ruckmen may sort of become obsolete (or something like that) in the future.
That's easy to say Dimma, when you've got Snakey, Gumpus, Browne and Plasma on your books.
Would that still apply if he had Nick Nait and Cox as his ruckmen? :headscratch

theglove3 said:
Dimma made a reference yesterday before the game on radio about the interchange bench and how ruckmen may sort of become obsolete (or something like that) in the future.
That's easy to say Dimma, when you've got Snakey, Gumpus, Browne and Plasma on your books.

He said traditional ruckmen would be obsolete.

Nick Nat is not a traditional ruckman.

have to give him a game. simmo is way past it, his perfomances are diabolical. browne (or graham) cant be any worse that simmo.
all he needs to do is not make any clangers and hes already better than simmo.

I'm not one for shafting players midseason, however I'd rather see browne learning his craft against the best and Simmo providing an option at City oval, gee might as well give Angus a game too, you never know Maccas may come to the party and provide some Grand angus's for the loyal supporters.

With an opportunity like this staring them in the face, it's disappointing that neither Browne or Graham seem capable of grabbing it.

TigerBob gave an indepth summation of Coburg players form against North Ballarat. With regard to Angus his comments were :

"* Graham again was deplorable. I see no point. To those that want him in teh team instead of Simmonds really need to take a look at him at VFL level. Can't take a mark above his head, dropped two when he mad no pressure on him, lumbers, is too slow, can't kick the ball accurately 10 meters, he has gone backwards. I am flabbergasted with his performances this year ".

Cutterst said:
TigerBob gave an indepth summation of Coburg players form against North Ballarat. With regard to Angus his comments were :

"* Graham again was deplorable. I see no point. To those that want him in teh team instead of Simmonds really need to take a look at him at VFL level. Can't take a mark above his head, dropped two when he mad no pressure on him, lumbers, is too slow, can't kick the ball accurately 10 meters, he has gone backwards. I am flabbergasted with his performances this year ".

I really think that's his real problem (Angus) that his best is OK, but his worst is deplorable. You get too much of the latter and never know when you might get something of the former.

Browney puzzles me. There have been good signs, there are skills too. Perhaps he doesn't carry the knocks he gets well enough yet. Was talking to a former man mountain from Footscray who played in the early 80's who said that's what he thinks may be a young kid's problem - he remembered how hard it was getting his body right always being kneed, stomped and whacked. His single word of advice was - Patience!

theglove3 said:
We haven't been the same since we lost Gumpus Hall :'(

there have been players who havent cut it at vfl level in the past yet when they play afl they thrive.. Since Simmonds is clearly the most pathetic ruckman in the comp, surely to christ browne or maybe even angus are a better option. We are building for the future apparently... arent we?

Crumpet_Avenger said:
there have been players who havent cut it at vfl level in the past yet when they play afl they thrive.. Since Simmonds is clearly the most pathetic ruckman in the comp, surely to christ browne or maybe even angus are a better option. We are building for the future apparently... arent we?

that's exactly how I see it...hell I reckon simmo would struggle at VFL so if it's the future we are playing for then for petes sake we need to explore the options we have, I saw enough of Browne to suggest he would be a step up from simmo...How much, well we dunno until we give him a go :-\

Surely if Simmonds puts up a 5th disgraceful performance in a row against Fremantle we must replace him with Browne? Browne was pretty good for Coburg today. If that doesn't happen I'll be convinced Simmonds place in the leadership group is protecting his spot in the side.

I thought both Brownie and Angus did well today for Coburg. What a great game - and we snared our first win.

tigermouseau said:
I thought both Brownie and Angus did well today for Coburg. What a great game - and we snared our first win.

I agree that they were both ok today, although I they were up against another young ruckman in Renton.

A question for regular Coburg watchers.

How does Browne and Grahams games today compare to their previous games this year?

Thought Browne and Graham were good today. Simmo definately needs to be replaced by one of them. I prefer Graham at this stage. He crashed some packs and took a crucial pack mark in the last quarter which led to us getting up. Give him a run on the back of todays effort.

Not sure either deserves to be elevated yet, neither dominated in the ruck or were outstanding around the ground. Might as well let Simmo get his raggedy old carcase get bashed around in the seniors if niether of these two can dominate at Coburg.
Disappointed in Gus's failure to step up and grab the number one spot so far this year, did a couple of nice things today but not enough to "demand" selection next week.