Hard yards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hard yards

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
I KNOW ... that we are in a rebuilding/transformation period
I KNOW ... it's going to take time
I KNOW ... we need to get the off field stuff right and then work towards on field
I KNOW ... we're young and patience is required

But geez, it's hard sitting on the couch tonight watching Collingwood kick 20 goals for the thrid week in a row to win in Perth. Their supporters, as feral and awful as they are, look so happy and confident. I would love the chance to cheer like they cheer. To pump the fist and give some ribbing to the opposition.

These are certainly our HARD YARDS. I love my Tiges and I want them to win every week. But, I think the last time I watched a live game (and I do live in Darwin so it's tv only for me) and found myself punching the air and yelling "Come on, Tiges!" was Morton's goal roughly 20mins into the first qu of Rnd 1 against the Blues. Even when we jumped Freo I wasn't excited - I knew what was coming.

What choice do I have? I'll hang in there, it's not like I'm gonna jump ship or anything. Supporting Richmond isn't a choice - it's a life sentence.

But geez, I'd love to cheer ... and to hope ... and to sing the song AFTER a game. I can't help it.

Hard yards time.

Yeah agree - even when we have a lead, no matter how large it is, I don't get excited, simply because I know there's a huge chance we'll still lose.

Definitely sucks...

hopper said:
I KNOW ... we need to get the off field stuff right and then work towards on field

But geez, it's hard sitting on the couch tonight watching Collingwood kick 20 goals for the thrid week in a row to win in Perth. Their supporters, as feral and awful as they are, look so happy and confident. I would love the chance to cheer like they cheer. To pump the fist and give some ribbing to the opposition.

These are certainly our HARD YARDS. I love my Tiges and I want them to win every week. But, I think the last time I watched a live game (and I do live in Darwin so it's tv only for me) and found myself punching the air and yelling "Come on, Tiges!" was Morton's goal roughly 20mins into the first qu of Rnd 1 against the Blues. Even when we jumped Freo I wasn't excited - I knew what was coming.

What choice do I have? I'll hang in there, it's not like I'm gonna jump ship or anything. Supporting Richmond isn't a choice - it's a life sentence.

But geez, I'd love to cheer ... and to hope ... and to sing the song AFTER a game. I can't help it.

Hard yards time.
We're with you on that Hopper.

Hard yards time.

Well said!!

and to think they got a priority pick in the 2005 ND draft. a bloody well coached and well administered football club

The RFC to me arent a "club" I follow, but family.

At times in all our lives we may have a family member that is a bit down and out, or in some stife, and need a hand. To me thats the way I look at my Tigers, they are like a wayward brother who has had some tough years, but has sought help and is really doing all the right things in his life to get back to the top, sure it's hard, sure it's frustrating.....but as that dud of a PM says 1000 times a day,

"And you know something"

He'll be ok, he'll be back,he'll rise again, so watch out, cos when he does the football world will be rocked by success starved crazies like me, that will shed a tear when he holds that Cup aloft, and I quietly say to myself, "welcome back brother"

maybe we need to rehash the "i just don't care anymore" thread. i've actually got to the stage where i want the afl to shorten the season just to put us out of our misery. a lot of us don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For next year's membership campaign, they should run TV adverts using the old classic "What About Me?" song. :'( ;)

Philster said:
The RFC to me arent a "club" I follow, but family.

At times in all our lives we may have a family member that is a bit down and out, or in some stife, and need a hand. To me thats the way I look at my Tigers, they are like a wayward brother who has had some tough years, but has sought help and is really doing all the right things in his life to get back to the top, sure it's hard, sure it's frustrating.....but as that dud of a PM says 1000 times a day,

"And you know something"

He'll be ok, he'll be back,he'll rise again, so watch out, cos when he does the football world will be rocked by success starved crazies like me, that will shed a tear when he holds that Cup aloft, and I quietly say to myself, "welcome back brother"

Lovely post.

The 99 percent of Richmond hating media are only stoking the fire by being petty about our club.

The more they hate us,the more we love the club so they are all shooting themselves in the mouth.

hopper said:
Their supporters, as feral and awful as they are, look so happy and confident.

A non Tigers work colleague of mine was chatting to me the other day (Nth Melb fan) and said he had noticed the dis-proportionate amount of negative attentntion the Tigers were copping in the media. His comment to me, "If Richmond ever come good, you think Collingwood fans are bad.....look out, you ain't seen nothin'!" Unlike me he's old enough to have seen Richmond in their last golden era, so has probably seen the Tiger army in full force.

I'll be the most loud mouthed, arrogant, rabid winner you've ever seen!

Panthera Tigris said:
A non Tigers work colleague of mine was chatting to me the other day (Nth Melb fan) and said he had noticed the dis-proportionate amount of negative attentntion the Tigers were copping in the media. His comment to me, "If Richmond ever come good, you think Collingwood fans are bad.....look out, you ain't seen nothin'!" Unlike me he's old enough to have seen Richmond in their last golden era, so has probably seen the Tiger army in full force.

I'll be the most loud mouthed, arrogant, rabid winner you've ever seen!

And with all the crap we have had dished out to us from other clubs supporters we will have every right to be!

I too remember the tigers when they were successfull - and am looking forward to a bit of karma when the wheel turns full circle and we are all smiling from ear to ear.

Ian4 said:
maybe we need to rehash the "i just don't care anymore" thread. i've actually got to the stage where i want the afl to shorten the season just to put us out of our misery. a lot of us don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This. It's getting harder and harder to maintain interest.

Like you Philster, I'm also in there for the long haul.

I just can't wait to sing our great song after the siren sounds.

Maybe it'll be this week.
Keep the faith Tiger supporters.

Tigerblood said:
For next year's membership campaign, they should run TV adverts using the old classic "What About Me?" song. :'( ;)

yeah and use the aami ad as a template as we're a complete car wreck.

hopper said:

Hard yards time.

look at how many games on avg the c'wood team have played and then look at how many games on avg RFC team has played. Our time will come.