Griffiths | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Might have been discussed about before,but talking to a fellow Tiger supporter and he was wondering why not give him a crack at full forward with his height and marking.Do not know much about him.Anyone got some info?

gold1 said:
Might have been discussed about before,but talking to a fellow Tiger supporter and he was wondering why not give him a crack at full forward with his height and marking.Do not know much about him.Anyone got some info?
He's playing Coburg 2's at the moment and is returning from a shoulder injury.

Needs a Run in the seniors first before being considered for Richmond

Clinton said:
Does anyone know why he didn't play at all on the weekend? Hoping its not an injury

I didn't see the Coburg seconds but I saw him at the game during the seniors and it looked like he had his kit on so I would assume he played.

Clinton said:
Does anyone know why he didn't play at all on the weekend? Hoping its not an injury

It was suggested on the coburg forum that he picked up a slight injury during the pre-game warm up. Nothing too serious hopefully.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40077.msg1106008#new

Personally, I would have thought that playing Griffiths on that windy morning at Craigieburn would have been a waste of time.

Better on that kind of day to play an extra running medium.

Good to read that he kicked a bag the weekend before.
Hope it continues.

Clinton said:

We got there for the 2nds just to see Griffiths, we did see him, ran out, did his pre-game warm up and dissapeared. It was a mystery at the time and actually I was spewing in a way because I was looking forward to seeing him play. Word has it he strained a muscle. Quite honestly I'm not fussed about it, we actually expected him to play for Richmond the second half of the season and there's no point in rushing him. Yeah it was a set back on Saturday but we have to be patient and I think we'll see him in the the yelllow & black this season, I'm crossing my fingers.

Phantom said:
Personally, I would have thought that playing Griffiths on that windy morning at Craigieburn would have been a waste of time.

Wasn't too windy at all, the way the game panned out Coburg 2nds got pumped by 101 points, he may have caught a cold instead of having issues with the wind.

Phantom said:

Better on that kind of day to play an extra running medium.

Good to read that he kicked a bag the weekend before.
Hope it continues.

Does 3 constitute a bag, ghost who walks?

lamb22 said:
Does 3 constitute a bag, ghost who walks?

Ah yes, it was Westhoff who kicked the 5, and Griffiths the 3.

Well, 3's a start.

Need to get that consistently, if not more, in the future.

TigerMad said:
Bump
Named at FF this week for Coburg 1's
That's beaut news. Here's hoping a few handy PRE scribes get a gawk at him. There'll be more interest in this match that the Cats v Tiges one now I reckon!

hopper said:
That's beaut news. Here's hoping a few handy PRE scribes get a gawk at him. There'll be more interest in this match that the Cats v Tiges one now I reckon!
Yep, I reckon u may b right

hopper said:

Indeed.
I already know what Tbob's will be. He loves the kid.
Plenty at Tigerland also rate his ability.
Be great to get some other perspectives.

received my old high school magazine this week and pleasantly surprised to read that griffo is a (not so) past student...joins illustrious company of john blakey, stephen gilham, marc murphy and andy otten...here's hoping he can live up to the standards

Give the kid time but if we can get him and Westhoff up and running together we could potentialy have a very very good forward line.

Two kids near on 200cm who can take a grab would be pure gold.

Ghost of 29 said:
Give the kid time but if we can get him and Westhoff up and running together we could potentialy have a very very good forward line.

Two kids near on 200cm who can take a grab would be pure gold.

If one makes it as a very good player I would take that as Jack and Astbury look like the are the other two forward options.

If one makes it as a very good player I would take that as Jack and Astbury look like the are the other two forward options.

You can never have too many developing options