Go for premiership or give Carlton the spoon? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Go for premiership or give Carlton the spoon?

Go for small chance of premiership, or almost guarantee Carlton the spoon?

• Try to win every match

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Rest a few players against Gold coast

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw the score of Brisbane against Carlton, and explained to my wife (giggling all the while), that I have waited a long time to watch Carlton get flogged every week.

She suggested there is probably a forum for people like me.

"Yes", I replied, "It is called the Richmond football club.

I honestly don't think we have the team to win the cup this year, without luck. Maybe next year. BUT, Gold coast are really the only thing keeping Carlton from the spoon. We have the power....we can give them the nudge past the blues....

Personally, I don't feel we can lose tomorrow :)

Wadaya recon?

JR8 said:
I don't think the Tankers need our help to win the spoon. They are in full tank mode and will win it fair and square on their own!!

This - they and their supporters (I know a few) who are barracking for every loss in the home straight. The big tank is on down there.

Tommy H said:
This - they and their supporters (I know a few) who are barracking for every loss in the home straight. The big tank is on down there.
That is their plan, finish bottom, lose the Kruise to FA, end up with pick 1 & 2, Brisvegas will be thinking the same

Seeming pick 1, 2 are so even , u can sence pick 2 is the premier pick this draft, so spoon this year has no benefits over second last

jokershoppe said:
Seeming pick 1, 2 are so even , u can sence pick 2 is the premier pick this draft, so spoon this year has no benefits over second last
And unlike when Ratts took over from Pagan, Barker hasn't been told, 'just keep losing and you've got the job.'

Still have the wooden spoon posted to me by a Carlton supporter in 2007, complete with a "letter" purporting to be from the Richmond FC. Waiting for the chance to mail it back. Go Lions!

What a wonderful weekend - the wobblies lose (they were brave) - the bummers thrashed (even braver) then the scum thrashed (were they brave or just kidding?) - a shame every weekend can't be like that.