Garry Lyon - The Tool | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Garry Lyon - The Tool

brad bowman

Cannot wait until "2009th"!!!
Nov 30, 2005
Chaddy
Is everyone with me in getting frustrated by Gary Lyon's ongoing hatred against Richmond,last night for instance on Footy Classified Garry Lyon said with great pleasure and a big a smile that, The Tigers cannot take a trick because we have Geelong on the rebound at Kardinia Park!!
Then he used Reiwoldt as an example for staging on Sunday when there've been numerous players staging since the staging rule has been introduced, and then he went on to mention about infamous half time address where Jack wasn't paying attention, but Lyon seems to make a hobbie in kicking us whilst we're down.
He also said a few weeks back that we don't deserve the opening round against Carlton which may be fair enough because our performances haven't be up to scratch to warrant Round 1 but we still draw a crowd of 70k ++, but what about his Dees???,yes there're improving, but what have they done to deserve the Queens Birthday match with 6 ski instructors as supporters??? when was their last premiership? what about The Dees tanking for draft picks last year Gary???

The annoying aspect of these commentators is that most of them have a conflict of interest especially Brayshaw and Lyon on The Footy Show ,when you never hear them say anything against Collingwood.I noticed Sammy, Gary and Jim hardly said anything about Malthouse being a liar or mock Collingwood in anyway as they would if it were another side not conflcting their interests , because there scared of Eddie McChins but Brayshaw will laugh at Richmond jokes and whenever anything is said against his Kanga's, he pulls faces and gets upset.

Lastly, what about the commentary on Sunday against Freo where we had the 2 Richmond haters being BT and Gerard Healy and Mr WA bais Jacovic,it's just painful enough we're going through the rebuilding phase but to have these so called experts kicking us annoys me, because these people didn't kick Melbourne when they tanked for draft picks last year and here we are doing the right thing by playing the kids and still being knocked for it??? :don't know :pullhair :frustration

Re: Gary Lyon

Let's not ignore the fact that we (RFC) do give them ample ammunition - winning often solves that - so get used to it for a while yet!

brad bowman said:
on Footy Classified Garry Lyon said with great pleasure and a big a smile that, The Tigers cannot take a trick because we have Geelong on the rebound at Kardinia Park!!

Yep heard that and switched it off, it's all negative from the media.

Brad, can you change the thread title to - Garry Lyon - The Tool Of The Week.

9212299b0f2d1006ac2c1f5618096231.gif

Re: Garry Lyon - The Tool Of The Week

He got a bit sheepish last night when Caro brought up his "illegal payments" when he was playing. Look a little squirmish.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yep heard that and switched it off, it's all negative from the media.

Brad, can you change the thread title to - Garry Lyon - The Tool Of The Week.

Gary Lyon - Just a Tool!!!

It's not just this week!
Disco said:
He got a bit sheepish last night when Caro brought up his "illegal payments" when he was playing. Look a little squirmish.
That was funny!!

Re: Garry Lyon - The Tool Of The Week

Disco said:
Good to hear the Hairy Man got that shoved back in his face.
Was Jimmy Stynes the other player receiving these payments along with Lyon ?

not defending him in any way, as I agree with most of your points. But in regards to us not deserving the season opener, he did admit he was wrong about it on the radio the next night

BANKER of the highest order. He and B.Taylor love giving it to Richmond. Both BANKERS.

Gary avoided most of the Melbourne bashing in the last few years so is probably relieved to have ta eam to beat up on that's not the Demons. It's not personal.

whenever any other victorian team is at or near the foot of the ladder, you see all these "feel-good" stories come out through the media trying to hide the reality. On the other hand whenever it's our turn - if there's no mud to be found.. the media muppets will simply invent mud to throw at us. Collingwood is NOT the most hated team in the VFL-AFL, we are!!! and why? i believe our legacy under SIR THOMAS HAFEY (where we simply battered the opposition into the ground) has left a generation of opposition fans psychologically scarred for life. The simple fact remains that if any other club (perhaps except the pies) endured the same 27 years as we have, they would've either folded or merged by now. We are a proud club who don't rely on millionares to prop us up, nor do we rely on prominent media figures to blow our trumpet in the name of money. God help the city of Melbourne when we when our next flag!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short memories.

Was actually standing up for the club when Caro decided to give it to Cousins/Benny Gale a few weeks ago.

People need to stop being so paranoid about anything negative Richmond. Its the position we put ourselves in so get used to it.

Wear the criticisim like a medal. It's only because he is jealous of our 40k+ members and massive supporter base that he does it. With this level of support Richmond will never fold........Melbourne on the other hand who knows!

Legends of 1980 said:
not defending him in any way, as I agree with most of your points. But in regards to us not deserving the season opener, he did admit he was wrong about it on the radio the next night

he did retract that comment again too after our performance. fwiw i dont mind listening to garry lyon. i hav a lot more time for him than most of the other media sloths like sheehan, hutchy, wilson and barrett who have the credibility of a walrus when it comes to being an expert on the game that players like lyon were so good at themselves.

we're gonna cop it until we start making on-field improvements....1st quarter of last weeks game was a start, now gtta do it more often for longer.

IrockZ said:
Short memories.

Was actually standing up for the club when Caro decided to give it to Cousins/Benny Gale a few weeks ago.

People need to stop being so paranoid about anything negative Richmond. Its the position we put ourselves in so get used to it.
Excellent call.

Anyone who says anything negative about Richmond is a tool, or has an agenda against us because they fear us!

Please.

Phar Ace said:
Let's not ignore the fact that we (RFC) do give them ample ammunition - winning often solves that - so get used to it for a while yet!
Exactly