Game Start Time Change | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Start Time Change

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
In case people didn’t know, our game start time tomorrow has been changed to 3.20pm. On the afl website, apparently there is an issue in Tassie with the electricity so they’ve moved that game earlier and ours to later.
Not a joke, just wanted to let people know

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Why would they move our game and *smile* up two sets of fans plans?

TV? Drama? Or are they just *smile*?

Reactions: 2 users
Why would they move our game and *smile* up two sets of fans plans?

TV? Drama? Or are they just *smile*?
Doesnt impact me. I'd planned to go on Sunday...

Only realised that *smile* up last night. Will be listening to it on the radio now.

Maybe it's a way to stop North tanking...

Reactions: 4 users
Terrific , working from 7 tomorrow night so won't be able to go now..
Thanks a lot afl...

Reactions: 1 users
Well, couldn't go anyway cause it's Mum's 80th. But they shouldn't be moving stuff around the day before the game. Just disrespectful to people who've bought tickets.

Reactions: 11 users
We should just forfeit the game. We’re probably lucky they didn’t move it to Gold Coast. Moving the start time with less than 24 hours notice is amateur hour stuff. As that’s after they stuffed around forever before actually releasing the fixture.

Reactions: 6 users
Works a treat for me. Was going to miss the start as my daughter has a netball game at 1 so was going to miss at least the 1st quarter. Now we have plenty of time to get there for the 1st bounce, and my other daughter should be able to get there for the end as she has all day dancing in North Melbourne, so should get there for the end for the good bye to our champs.

Works a treat for me. Was going to miss the start as my daughter has a netball game at 1 so was going to miss at least the 1st quarter. Now we have plenty of time to get there for the 1st bounce, and my other daughter should be able to get there for the end as she has all day dancing in North Melbourne, so should get there for the end for the good bye to our champs.
The exact opposite for me. My son has a BBall game at 6:15, could have made it, now can't. The whole point was the lap of honour. I hate the AFL. Turds.

Reactions: 1 user
Good for us as a club I think. Nth can't manipulate thier result now based on ours. Actually quite the opposite for Tigers if they keep an eye on North game..

Reactions: 3 users
The AFL simply don’t care about supporters. Andrew Dillon will go down as the worst AFL CEO ever & there’s a competitive field. Sad things is he’s just started in the role. Kane has also shown she is out of her depth. To change the time of match with less than 24 hours notice is crazy & all for just to avoid an overlap.

This time change is good for us. Hopefully north win but highly doubtful.

If they lose hope it's by under 5 goals and minimal % change. We'll know exactly what the percentage difference will be by the time our game starts.

Get a win by a small amount, celebrate the victory and keep our 1st pick :)

IMG_2069.jpeg

Last edited:
All it means to me other than an extra hour in bed is we will know where the wooden spoon is likely to end up. That said, I hope we don't throw the game just to get the Number one pick

Blame the Union or thank them, a lot of fuss over 70 minutes, it is the Hawk/North interstate fans that would be most put out especially if they were fly in Saturday morning or those that had booked lunches.
AFL changed our game time for commercial reasons and optimum football coverage overall, makes sense to me.

Just imagine the meedjia outrage if the lights had of gone out mid broadcast of the Hawforn v #Lolnorf game. Bugger the cost and inconvenience to the poor *smile* wit pleb fans, simply must ensure the broadcast goes through.

Pure bonus for this pleb fan. I'm retired n totally un influenced by the start or finish time of games n I simply love the fact that we will know exactly how much we can win the game by if a miracle somehow occurs. Plus, if we look like winning the game when we really shouldn't be ruining our draft picks. Ouzo can pull half a dozen players off the ground with season ending hammies or concussion tests or something.

Means a bit less time at the Duke for a few beers and the usual end of season analysis (before the train trip home)
But that's probably a good thing too.

Still it's hardly the AFL's fault to have to make a late change