Game Day - Rich V Bris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Rich V Bris

We can't use injuries as an excuse for this pathetic effort. Yze needs to raise his voice and demand better.

Reactions: 3 users
I know we are severely undermanned but come on. Does anyone really look at Nankervis as our captain.
Seems Cotch and Jack left a gaping hole in our leadership. Doesn't help when players who should be leaders such as our captain and Vlastuin commit undisciplined acts.

Nankervis is an absolute liability.

I would drop him even if we have to use a top up player to replace him.

I would play Short in the ruck.

Or just go in with 21 players.

This match performance is beyond embarrassing watching with a quarter to go with the Tigers lacking effort and accountability and giving the Lions a free go. After this l will be off to Kenilworth Road to watch my team be officially relegated from the Premier league but at least l know they will fight to the end for the club and their teammates as they have done all season. Not going to be a good day for me
So they arent like Spurs?

Reactions: 1 user
Aside from everything else Nank just HAS to be relieved of captain duties. Don't care how tough he is. He is no leader. Just go with a young captain and let the team grow.

Reactions: 2 users
watched Young closely all year....gave the kid a go.

Afraid hes not AFL std...were it not for injuries hed be in the magoos.

Embarassing.....but he's not alone.
I don't know if it's that he's THAT bad, but what we don't have is 2 or even 1 elite (or even reaaonable) KP defender who we set up around.

When we lack leadership in an area of the ground, these kids have to try and play above their ability.

Young would probably be a great support defender or fill in with Rance and Astbury around him to teach him the ropes.

Well he's had seven disposals at 43% DE and one goal and Cumberland has had 10 disposals at 60% DE and one goal.

This is Cumberland's first full game of the year and hes probably our best small medium sized forward thus far
Yes and Cumbo's had 3 clangers & 2 turnovers, Mansell 1 & 1. I'm not arguing for Mansell., for me in a quality side Mansell probably doesn't get a game. Cumbo at the best I've seen him play, probably would.

All I was saying was, in what is now clearly some sort of rebuild, heart and effort holds, against the odds, a more valuable lesson.

Let's hope the club has learnt something and goes for the best young players in the mid season draft. If we draft a mature age we have learnt nothing and will continue to suffer.

Reactions: 1 user