Future picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Future picks

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
With some potential father and son's coming on our radar from next season and beyond our club should approach the AFL and ask if we can bank some picks from this season to use on our father and son picks next season.

Future trading of picks is now possible so why not future banking of picks given this years draft is a bit weak?

yandb said:
With some potential father and son's coming on our radar from next season and beyond our club should approach the AFL and ask if we can bank some picks from this season to use on our father and son picks next season.

Future trading of picks is now possible so why not future banking of picks given this years draft is a bit weak?

Dont think this will happen. With trading of picks someone is still selecting a player in that year. Banking would mean less picks one year and more in another.

Who are the father/son players we'd need the extra picks for?

taztiger4 said:
I assume Chris Naish son, Craig Lamberts son Billy, and maybe Paul Brodericks ?

Lamberts boys will choice Brisbane, just wait & see

zippadeee said:

Don't think so, he said up in Sydney that he would be rapt if they played for tigers, he still loves Richmond, just hates Cameron Schwab

Don't think he played 100 at bears anyway did he ?

yandb said:

Don't think you need to bank future picks as you are able to go into a points deficit when picking up father sons. Simply borrow some of next years point value of your picks n have less drafting power the following year. Most clubs don't get that many father son candidates in a short period of time. The interstate clubs have an issue as they'd like to get to keep all their best academy kids every year.They'll either need to sacrifice someone to constantly build enough points or skip an occasional academy kid through to other clubs.

taztiger4 said:
Don't think so, he said up in Sydney that he would be rapt if they played for tigers, he still loves Richmond, just hates Cameron Schwab

Don't think he played 100 at bears anyway did he ?

1000 apologises. Has only 96 games for bears/lions.
But they will still won't want come :hihi

zippadeee said:

Do you have anything at all positive to contribute or do you just bag the *smile* out of all things Richmond.

Its getting a little tiresome.

Mappa said:
Do you have anything at all positive to contribute or do you just bag the sh!t out of all things Richmond.

Its getting a little tiresome.
It's what he does, Mappa. Was so pleasant for part of this season when he took a break. Anyway I can't see why Lambert's son would choose the Lions over Richmond. They're near the bottom of the ladder and well into rebuild mode, and yes we lost in the first week of the finals again, but at least we got there and have the possibility of success within the next 5 years. Paul Broderick always wanted to play for Richmond, even as a kid, so I'd be willing to bet that he's got his son on board with that. Chris Naish I'm not sure about. He's a South Australian and I don't think he left under the best of circumstances.

zippadeee said:
1000 apologises. Has only 96 games for bears/lions.
But they will still won't want come :hihi
Bloody hell Zips - don't lock yourself into a precedent by apologising for getting something wrong!
Especially 1000 of them for what was really only a little boo boo.
What's that gonna mean for your other 13000 posts? ;)

CarnTheTiges said:
It's what he does, Mappa. Was so pleasant for part of this season when he took a break. Anyway I can't see why Lambert's son would choose the Lions over Richmond. They're near the bottom of the ladder and well into rebuild mode, and yes we lost in the first week of the finals again, but at least we got there and have the possibility of success within the next 5 years. Paul Broderick always wanted to play for Richmond, even as a kid, so I'd be willing to bet that he's got his son on board with that. Chris Naish I'm not sure about. He's a South Australian and I don't think he left under the best of circumstances.

Chris Naish came from Wangaratta.

yandb said:
Chris Naish came from Wangaratta.
I think I was getting him confused with Daffy. There was about a year between them, but they both seemed to blossom at the same time. Glad to hear that Chris' boys both follow the Tigers, and if they turn into the same sort of goal sneaks as their old man then we'd have a couple of decent players.