Free Speech | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Free Speech

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
AUSTRALIA you are so totally gay. I mean "gay", of course, in the offensive, playground, politically incorrect sense of the word.

From the article by Britain's James Delingpole -

Google - 'Where free speech is dead as the dodo'

He doesn't miss, oh so refreshing, and too close to the mark unfortunately.

Interesting. Here is an excerpt from that piece "Its state broadcaster ABC is so hysterically left-wing it makes the BBC look like Fox News". I don't think I'll lose any sleep over this blokes opinions. He also thinks Bolt and Jones are victims. The point of the article is the Press Council of Australia smacked him upside the head for a piece of nonsense he wrote about wind farms that was published in the Aus, bastion of truth, good copy and balance. He is scoring points off his bruised ego.

"This, not unreasonably, prompted a complaint from the ABC's former chairman Maurice Newman, who argued that the broadcaster had been "captured" by a "small group of people" prone to imbalance and "climate change groupthink"."

Of course when lefties refer to peadophiles, even as an unrelated analogy, it's a heinous act, and its very reasonable to complain about it and have it stripped from the airwaves.

But if any rightwing mention of Paedophilia is looked at in terms of it's content, and potential to hatemonger, it's against free speech, and everything we stand for as Americans, i mean, Englishmen!

I think this guys more worried about his political biases than any concept of individual liberties. Not whether there's censorship, but whether we're censoring the things he wants.

Also, what right does a pom have to tell us how to run our country? At least we don't take our marching orders from a bunch of inbred, functionally redundant, dictatorial monarchists. Oh, wait, we do.

Coburgtiger said:
Also, what right does a pom have to tell us how to run our country?

The poms are expert at telling other countries how they should be run. They see it as their god given right as Englishmen.

A very relevant article in The Age - a proposal to make it illegal have a political opinion that may offend somebody else in the work-place. Surely Roxon won't go down this path.

http://m.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/memo-to-government-having-an-opinion-is-not-a-crime-20121222-2bsmj.html

Merveille said:
A very relevant article in The Age - a proposal to make it illegal have a political opinion that may offend somebody else in the work-place. Surely Roxon won't go down this path.

http://m.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/memo-to-government-having-an-opinion-is-not-a-crime-20121222-2bsmj.html

Memo to Roxon: "It's Christmas not April fools day".