forecasting | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

forecasting

Have a look at this from 2006:

"At Melbourne I was certain Brock McLean would become elite after his brilliant 2006 season. These days you would have to call him honest to good, and that's being generous.

Also had similar (but maybe not as high) hopes for Nathan Jones after his first couple of years. He's a good honest player, but elite he will never be.

Jared Rivers another one. But injuries ruined him more than anything. "

and this from 2007:

"Eagles team in 5 years time before drafting

FB: Nicoski Glass B.Jones
CHB: Hurn Staker Stenglein
C: Butler Judd Embley
CHF: Morton M.Brown Waters
FF: Hunter Lynch Armstrong
R: Cox Kerr Selwood
I/C: Rosa Priddis Seaby McKenzie
EMG: Hansen LeCras McNamara

You got every reason to be afraid. I think barring injuries in 5 years time we should have finished top 4 5 years in a row. How many flags we have. Guess we will wait and see "

I t , to me, appears almost impossible to predict a career of a player or the fate of a team, good or bad, for more than the next six months. Two months ago riewoldt would have kicked how many? The Tiges would win a game?

Conversely, just because we have a few good kids doesnt mean we will definitely do well, nor does it mean it is a flash in the pan.

I'm still amazed the Eagles will steal OUR spoon this year!

The West Coast team predicition wasn't far wide of the mark, yet illustrates how difficult it is to predict the future. It's one of the things that keeps footy interesting, and enabled Terry Wallace to sell his vision to supporters. Things rarely go exactly as planned, which is why I would've preferred the club's 3-0-75 blueprint not to have been leaked to the public.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The West Coast team predicition wasn't far wide of the mark, yet illustrates how difficult it is to predict the future. It's one of the things that keeps footy interesting, and enabled Terry Wallace to sell his vision to supporters. Things rarely go exactly as planned, which is why I would've preferred the club's 3-0-75 blueprint not to have been leaked to the public.

It was always going to get out. They couldn't tell all staff and players about it without it getting out.