Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

It's not AFL but has anyone been following the NRL saga relating to Sam Burgess at South Sydney? There are allegation of domestic violence which are legitimately reported but this morning the Murdoch Press/Fox Sports are reporting detailed whatsapp exchanges between him and someone he was conducting an affair with a few years ago whilst he was still together with his wife. Sam Burgess is actually retired.
I don't about anyone else but why is this a sports story and why is it fair game to release these messages? If he has an affair surely that is between these consenting adults to sort out. It just makes me really angry that the sports "media" think this stuff is reportable and that it's ok to hang someone through the media just because he happens to be a rugby player or AFL player.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
It's not AFL but has anyone been following the NRL saga relating to Sam Burgess at South Sydney? There are allegation of domestic violence which are legitimately reported but this morning the Murdoch Press/Fox Sports are reporting detailed whatsapp exchanges between him and someone he was conducting an affair with a few years ago whilst he was still together with his wife. Sam Burgess is actually retired.
I don't about anyone else but why is this a sports story and why is it fair game to release these messages? If he has an affair surely that is between these consenting adults to sort out. It just makes me really angry that the sports "media" think this stuff is reportable and that it's ok to hang someone through the media just because he happens to be a rugby player or AFL player.
The way of the world now.
Driven by media and click bait .

Didn't the reporting just follow on or expand regarding the cover up n lack of integrity unit effort?
Off the top I thought that the woman who'd received some of the sexting stuff had lodged an official complaint about it n when it was investigated Burgess claimed it was all consensual sexting so the matter simply died a natural death. Burgess might be a retired player, but he's still involved at the Rabbitohs as an assistant or development coach so I guess when the dirty laundry gets chucked out the window the media cockaroaches just naturally scuttle over everything to see what kind of skiddies they can roll around in.
Part n parcel of the world today, nothing much is secret, private or personal anymore, it's just open slather with the cockaroaches n maggots crawling over everything juicy.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Didn't the reporting just follow on or expand regarding the cover up n lack of integrity unit effort?
Off the top I thought that the woman who'd received some of the sexting stuff had lodged an official complaint about it n when it was investigated Burgess claimed it was all consensual sexting so the matter simply died a natural death. Burgess might be a retired player, but he's still involved at the Rabbitohs as an assistant or development coach so I guess when the dirty laundry gets chucked out the window the media cockaroaches just naturally scuttle over everything to see what kind of skiddies they can roll around in.
Part n parcel of the world today, nothing much is secret, private or personal anymore, it's just open slather with the cockaroaches n maggots crawling over everything juicy.
The fact he had an affair is out there but the WhatsApp messages are just about meeting up in hotels followed up a few months later with her cracking it because he dumped her as well
It may be seedy but it isn’t illegal.
I just find an unnecessary invasion of a person’s privacy.

Reactions: 1 users
The other thing that is really shitting me is the media reporting of Tom Hawkins, or lack thereof. Tom Lynch was absolutely crucified this season of relatively minor incidents earlier this year. Even so far as having been referred to the tribunal for something that was thrown out. That didn’t stop the media from vilifying him. Compare that to tomahawk. A repeat offender, not just over his career, but over the course of the season. If someone didn’t mention he got a fine on here, I wouldn’t have heard about it. I had to google to find out more. Nothing I could easily find on the AFL website, and only one article that I could see elsewhere. where is the media outrage about this thug? :mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Will they have to cancel OTC tomorrow night so that Gerard can mourn the death of West Coast’s season?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The other thing that is really shitting me is the media reporting of Tom Hawkins, or lack thereof. Tom Lynch was absolutely crucified this season of relatively minor incidents earlier this year. Even so far as having been referred to the tribunal for something that was thrown out. That didn’t stop the media from vilifying him. Compare that to tomahawk. A repeat offender, not just over his career, but over the course of the season. If someone didn’t mention he got a fine on here, I wouldn’t have heard about it. I had to google to find out more. Nothing I could easily find on the AFL website, and only one article that I could see elsewhere. where is the media outrage about this thug? :mad::mad::mad:
Same as the staging thing with our 2 guys, during that time Robbo mentioned to Whateley about Stagerfields prelim dive last yr & they were both laughing about it. It's even the 1st time i'd ever heard anyone in the media even remotely discuss it.

Will they have to cancel OTC tomorrow night so that Gerard can mourn the death of West Coast’s season?
If they were serious they'd have a real deep dive into how they lost an unlosable game in the words of thier own supporters. One on howw they missed the top 4 with such a huge advantage (again in thier own supporters eyes) wouldn't go astray either.)

I can't get the article as it is paywalled, but Robbo looks like he hasn't missed us in the Herald Sun today. "Arrogant, petulant Tigers must stop whining." I am sure he will have another crack on 360 tonight. I don't mind that, but last year he was one of many who gave us no credit for our 12-game winning streak on the way to the flag. All he would say when Richmond came up as a discussion point was "they wouldn't want to lose it, they wouldn't want to stuff it up, Gerard" and then change the subject. :cool:

I can't get the article as it is paywalled, but Robbo looks like he hasn't missed us in the Herald Sun today. "Arrogant, petulant Tigers must stop whining." I am sure he will have another crack on 360 tonight. I don't mind that, but last year he was one of many who gave us no credit for our 12-game winning streak on the way to the flag. All he would say when Richmond came up as a discussion point was "they wouldn't want to lose it, they wouldn't want to stuff it up, Gerard" and then change the subject. :cool:

Yawn.

Richmond has an attitude problem and, when this season is done and dusted, might even admit it hampered its season.

It certainly did against Brisbane on Friday night.

The Tigers were undisciplined and petulant.

From afar, the Tigers, this year, seem to have felt affronted, as if the world is against them.

Coach Damien Hardwick whining about the umpires is a case in point. You’d expect that from the head of the cheer squad, not from the senior coach.

Most of the competition would agree the Tigers play bullying football and the Lions were so proud their team stood up to the bullies and bullied them back. For one game at least, the baton changed hands.

The Tigers have to stop giving away 50m penalties, stop their whining, stop trying to take on tacklers, stop believing they are invisible when they have the ball.

The Tigers have set the benchmark for pressure but, suddenly, there is a group of teams matching them.

How do 17 other clubs feel about being "bullied" for four years by the smallest team in the comp?

*smile* as usual from Robbo, just continuing the theme of anti-Richmond coverage.

Reactions: 5 users

Robbo has been sitting back for 4 years to bag us.
After a team that got 5 goals from free kicks and only beat us by 2 goals.
He should just shut the *smile* up.
We destroyed the dreams of Healy.
Lyon cant believe we are so good.
And Brown knows deep down Brisbane aren't anywhere near us.
Throw Lynch into that side fridey night we win and we win comfortably again for the 16th time.
These cockroaches have been waiting, this is 4 years worth of hate bulid up.