fab 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

fab 4

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
today was the first time cotchin foley jackson and martin all played together

i look forward to seeing more of it

ZeroGame said:
Hopefully when Connors comes back it can be
Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley & Cousins

Cousins too old for our future. I'd like to see the above with Collins in there in the place of Cousins. Or the next up and comer who could prove a good bet in the future, Contin.

We have the makings of a very good midfield.
I watched the game again today, and realised once again how good a player Foley is, and how badly he has been missed.

GoodOne said:
Cousins too old for our future.
Correct.
But I'd love to think he could be part of it for another year or two - and that he played a positive role in the development of the rest of them.

cuz maybe too old to be a full time mid but as a hff who has a great knack of where the goals are with a spurt on the ball, like an aker or a hird in his final years. Could be what is in order. Would be a shame to get rid of him completely especially as we are not yet all summed up in the forward line,.

20 goals a year as a HFF as well as a stint on the ball is small doses too chop out the youngsters works well with me

LidsBling&Cotch said:
today was the first time cotchin foley jackson and martin all played together

i look forward to seeing more of it

Minus Jackson and add a real quality onballer and yes, it could be close to a Fab 4.

GO TIGES!!!

Mikee said:
Minus Jackson and add a real quality onballer and yes, it could be close to a Fab 4.

GO TIGES!!!
Yep, can't call it fab when Jacko is part of it.

in deledio, out jackson and you could possibly have the making of a fab 4.

Please don't include Dan Jackson in any talk about fab 4.
He is ordinary at best.

BrisTiger24 said:
I thought our Fab 4 was Deledio, Tambling, Meyer and Pattison. What happened to them?

& Polo, yes the ol' 'fab five'. :p

Personally I think any of this sort of talk is OTT.
Let's give such labels when they've won a flag ala Voss, Lappin, Black & Akermanis.
Now there was a fab four.

Spanish Prisoner said:
You left out JON!!!

Further indication you have NFI.

pmac21 said:
Please don't include Dan Jackson in any talk about fab 4.
He is ordinary at best.
Little bemused by the hate for Jacko.

IMO he has improved every season and has so again in 2010 when he is the only big bodied player we have in midfield.
The guy plays his role well and can also move forward or back you would think.

I think there is a role for Jacko in our future success if he continues to work hard and improve his kicking penetration and ability to hit targets with hand and foot.