Ex Carlton players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ex Carlton players

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
How many ex Carlton players are currently on AFL lists?

Hampson, Grigg, Jacobs, Robinson, Garlett, Betts, Kennedy, Waite, Laidler....?

CC TIGER said:
Seems funny now but landing Judd may have been a balls up. Waites another Tim

Kennedys a gun and we got Cotch... winners all round except the scum :hihi

How bout this

Betts Kennedy Menzel

Garlett Waite Walker

Grigg Murphy Gibbs

Simpson Henderson Docherty

Touy Jamieson Laidler

Jacobs Cripps Masten

We can add Yarran and Henderson to this list for 2016.

Xxxx xxxx xxxx
Laidler Henderson Yarran
Xxxx xxxx xxxxx
Betts Waite xxxx
Hampson Kennedy Garlett
Jacobs
Grigg
Robinson

CC TIGER said:
Seems funny now but landing Judd may have been a balls up.

could have done the flag

ratten / fev / judd

On 16 September 2007
judd leaves WCE

Sep 30, 2009
sack fev

Aug 29, 2012
sack ratten

CC TIGER said:
Seems funny now but landing Judd may have been a balls up.
Bill James said:
So you'd knock him back if available in the PSD and we could afford him then?

Thats the only way we should take him. Otherwise we give up 3 top 30 draft picks for a player that may only 100 games left in him when none of our youngster are hitting their straps anyway.

DRAFT THE KIDS GET IT!

Some thought it dumb at the time.

DirtyDogTiger said:
We would have lost cotchin Rance mcmahon and whoever we took at 35
Not quite DDT we wouldn't have got McMahon , so techincally we would have missed Cotchin, Rance, Selwood, I think I'm right saying 35 we did trade for Morton, so pretty much it was 2/18/19 for Judd on the table, however as it's been said many times he was never coming to us

Bill James said:
Some thought it dumb at the time.

How many did he play for Carlton Bill?

CC TIGER said:
Not quite DDT we wouldn't have got McMahon , so techincally we would have missed Cotchin, Rance, Selwood, I think I'm right saying 35 we did trade for Morton, so pretty much it was 2/18/19 for Judd on the table, however as it's been said many times he was never coming to us
Geeez how bad a deal would that have been.

Yes on the face of it a bad deal but a reminder that Judd destroyed us single handedly in the EF 2 years ago and Cotchin just went missing yet again in his last weekend. We have no idea what impact Judd would have had at Richmond.

Tigers of Old said:
Yes on the face of it a bad deal but a reminder that Judd destroyed us single handedly in the EF 2 years ago and Cotchin just went missing yet again in his last weekend. We have no idea what impact Judd would have had at Richmond.
Did win a Brownlow for the Blues as well.....the young fella in the number 18 gurnsey goes ok for us thou

Clearly a dud deal for the blues giving up Kennedy and the draft pick they could of used for Masten Rioli Dangerfield
No flag with Judd = FAIL

69 vintage said:
Clearly a dud deal for the blues giving up Kennedy and the draft pick they could of used for Masten Rioli Dangerfield
No flag with Judd = FAIL

if they did not get rid of Fev, so Judd had something to kick to

and Ratten, so Judd did not have Mick coaching the team

they might have got one

CC TIGER said:
Did win a Brownlow for the Blues as well.....the young fella in the number 18 gurnsey goes ok for us thou

True. Ah well as it stands neither clubs have won a flag yet. At least Trent and Alex still have a opportunity.to win one where as Judd is retired now.

DirtyDogTiger said:
We would have lost cotchin Rance mcmahon and whoever we took at 35

So there would have been 1 upside to doing the deal