Erdogan !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Erdogan !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Turkeys Erdogan threatening to send troops to Palestine against Israel which is somewhat enigmatic for his European Council members..

He's the wildcard in the Middle East and NATO, trust him as far as i could throw him.
He'd love to get into a punch up with Greece for Cyprus, he's also said he'd support Lebanon if Israel invade.
How far Israel would have to push into Lebanon for it to happen who knows. My guess would be the Litani River.

Reactions: 1 users
I suspect it is sabre rattling, and to correct the above, not sure what the European Council is but Türkiye is not a member of the EU.

It is a member of NATO, so, if Türkiye supports Lebanon if it is invaded, and Israel retaliates, then surely all the other NATO members would have to respond in support of Türkiye.

In any case, why should Israel be allowed to just invade Lebanon with impunity? Whatever happened to the rules based international order and not invading other countries?

DS

I suspect it is sabre rattling, and to correct the above, not sure what the European Council is but Türkiye is not a member of the EU.

It is a member of NATO, so, if Türkiye supports Lebanon if it is invaded, and Israel retaliates, then surely all the other NATO members would have to respond in support of Türkiye.
I’m not sure of the Rules of Engagment for NATO members. I’m sure if a member state was invaded it would be different if a member state was the aggressor, and retaliated against.
Regardless, the US would threaten to withdraw from NATO before it gave Israel away. Imo.
In any case, why should Israel be allowed to just invade Lebanon with impunity? Whatever happened to the rules based international order and not invading other countries?
It’s not “with impunity” it’s called “self defence”. It’s not like Hezbollah is just firing a few skyrockets to cheer at.
They’re murdering innocent Israeli civilians.
Well if Hezbollah are in Lebanon and keep lobbing missiles into Israel what do think is going to happen.
Once again Iran is using its proxies against Israel and its citizens

Hezbollah does not equal Lebanon. Does Lebanon have a right to defend itself against aggression, does it have the right to ask allies for help?

DS

Hezbollah does not equal Lebanon.
Who said it did.
But if an entity is embedded in your country lobbing missiles into another and you’re not prepared to do anything about it.
Rest assured! Israel will.
Does Lebanon have a right to defend itself against aggression,. does it have the right to ask allies for help?
Of course it does. The same as any other country. No one has said otherwise.

We all know there isn’t a working government in Lebanon. There hasn’t been for years. Disparate areas ruled by Hezbollah, Druze, Maronites! Sunni, Shia all have some claim on different areas.
It’s not like it’s a democratic country and a few Hezbollah fellas are lobbing a mortar round or two into Israel.

Anyone with even a little knowledge knows that Lebanon isn’t a real country atm. Just areas ruled by factions, warlords and Irans IRGC.
If Türkiye wants to get involved, more fool them.

< Brexited | China >